Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Dragonflies and Flowers"

Here is my newest card, made last night. I ordered a few new stamps from an Etsy store on Wednesday and was totally amazed that yesterday I received the 2 stamps in the mail so soon. Gosh that was fast service!!! The two stamps had to be mounted on backing for use on acrylic blocks. Buying the unmounted stamps is much more cheaper then mounted ones....so, I did not mind buying them unmounted. Gave me time to think about what I wanted to do with the dragonflies. The other stamp says, "1 cross +3 nails = 4 given" I thought that was so apropos for Easter..........The gospel in a nut shell!!!

Anyways this is what I came up with......as I had a piece of vellum sitting in front of me, I thought, well lets stamp it and color the dragonfly in with copic markers on the backside so it would not smear the black ink. WALA, then the thought of a vellum flower came to mind and punching the bottom of the card with Martha Stewerts punch then adding liquid pearls to the card really added a touch of elegance to the card.

I probably will be adding a few more of these cards to my Etsy store as I get them made and maybe a set of 3 in different colors. This is my plan.......it will keep me busy and occupied for a while.

You have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh.
Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails