Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Jesus is the Reason for the Season"

With all the shopping and making of cards, decorating, baking and all that is involved in Christmas.....JESUS sure can get lost in the midst of the business. Now, take a breath, take a moment to reflect, what are we doing to ourselves, why all this busy running to and fro, for what???? I know, we are celebrating the birth of Jesus but yet there stands Jesus watching us running here and there and around about him, never stopping to say what would you like me to do for you Jesus??? No, we are too busy getting everything all ready for the big day....gathering with family and friends, opening presents, eating big fancy meals, watching football, playing in the snow, playing with the new gifts.........oh yeah, some of us will still be going to church Sunday Morning. But alot of churchs have opted to not have church on Sunday - Christmas morning.....what is that all about anyways????

I have always wondered, why there was always such frantic running about and spending money on presents that nobody really wanted or liked, only because the items were still boxed or never opend or used. I have wondered to, why at certain times in ones life those gifts came back, years later when that person died.......true, it's the thought that counts, but still it would have been nice to know that it was appreciated. Oh well, these are just thoughts about Christmas and what it should really mean in the heart of things.

Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus and what he did for us individually and personally. Simple but true, he came to set us free from our sins of which there are many. The most wonderful gift that Jesus gave to us is life so why can't we give back to Jesus our heart? Ask him to come into our hearts because we certainly have made a mess of things and we need Him to take over. Thats what I said to Jesus many, many years ago and still do today........Jesus is the reason for the season. Well, enough of my preaching, just had this on my mind and thought I would mention it in this blog.

As you can see from the above picture, I am almost ready, just have two more packages to wrap for JP, but I can do that tonight. I might make a few diabetic cookies also. Well, going to close this blog for today and get some things done around the house. Tonight, read the Christmas Story in Luke 1 & 2, that will bring you back to what Christmas is all about!!!

***A note about the picture above. On the old radio stands "My Three Kings" which I made 40+ years ago, they come out every year. My Christmas Village which I add to every year, whether it's a few people or a house. My lovely little optic tree which sits on the table and presents on the floor.

Merry Christmas everyone and keep looking up for your redemption drawth nigh!! Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails