Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WOW-WEEEE........65 Years Of Living!!!!

My 65th birthday was a fun-filled day with a few blessings intermingled along the way. Birthday blessings came from friends on facebook. JP went to pick up our car from VanLinn's, car needed brakes. Worked out our itenery for the day (probably enough things to do for a couple of days...hahaha) but the main thing was the free steak dinner at BJ Clancey's which I look forward to every year.

First stop was the Fox Valley Antique Mall in Grand Chute. Big place with lots of things to look at. We were looking for a "rug beater" found two, both for $9, we got one (now I am sure that is not the original cost when it was new, probably more like a couple of dollars in the 1800's and 1900's) But with inflation even antiques go up in price!!! I also found out that my Black Hawk Bober Head is worth $245.......as you can see by the picture below. I actually have all six team bober heads, New York Rangers, Montreal Canadians, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins, Detroit Redwings and the Chicago Black Hawks.....(mmmmm that could pay for more car repairs as there is a antifreeze leak that will cost $700 to fix).


Next picture is my steak and fries, oh yum it was delicious as usual. Along with this came a salad and bread with honey butter and coffee.



JP's dinner consisted of fried perch and american fries and salad.



This was my dessert, chocolate ice cream with a sparkler on top.............we shared!



Below is a picture of my birthday cake..........I chose pumpkin pie with whip cream. In the background is a portable DVD player, which I have been wanting for a couple of years......finally got one with the money my stepfather sent me for my birthday. The DVD player in my computer has not been working very well lately so this gift came just in time.



All in all I had a good day, full of blessings galore, thank you Jesus for 65 years, that's more then I ever thought I would have.......my, my 65 hard to believe!!!!
Well, I shall close this blog for today, hope to get some cards up in the next few days and into my Etsy store. Been slacking there for sure. Guess, no sales, no motivation is my problem. Well you have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption drawth nigh!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails