Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New Pieces of Art

Hi there fellow bloggers, how are you all doing today? I am doing fine, been kind of busy of late as I have been working on these pieces of art which I want to also add to my Etsy store, they are as follows: Eiffel Tower Christmas Cards "Joyeux Noel". This stamp caught my eye last week, only because someone from France bought a Christmas card from me......I was so thrilled I had a sale and also that she was my 1st international sale.....so this card is dedicated to "Marinette" Thank you Marinette for your order.

The card was stamped in black ink then I used my copic markers to color in along with my green and red "smooches" gel pen and gold spray mist. Distressed the edges and added "candi" dots on the corners.

This card is a new stamp and folder I bought at a Stamping Rummage Sale. Paid $13.00 for it, at Archivers it is going for $20. There were alot of techniques that went into this card. First it was stamped in black, then colored in with copic markers, then run through the cuttle bug to emboss it. Then I distressed the edges then sponged with white linen distress ink, then sprayed with gold mist, oh and used a gel pen to pop the words, and butterflies. Guess this card should go for about $4.00 cause I used so many different mediums. It is a lovely card though.

I got this idea from an ornament I saw at Shopko and thought, I could make that. Ended up buying the ornament for $6, hopefully I can sell a few to make up the difference. All there is to this is 2.5 circles or scalloped circles folded over, glued and then glued together to form a circle, used speckels to decorate and a strip of cardstock layed across. Calligraphed "Peace" across the strip. Sprayed the ornament with gold spray mist. The following ornament was done the same way only using the word "Love".

"Love"

This card was made back in 2009. Thought I would add it to my Etsy Store and see how it does. The tree can be taken off the card and used as a Christmas tree ornament.

This card was made in 2009 also. Ran the green cardstock through the cuttlebug then colored the trees with sharpie pens, then layered on gold and white cardstock.....very simple.

Well, there you have it, some cards and ornaments I will be adding to my Etsy store, hope you like them, they were all fun to make. Now I have to start working on my cards to send out to friends......a Christmas tree using iris fold strips of ribbon and paper. I think if you go to my Archives you will find a sampling of my Christmas card for 2011 in my first blog for October.

Have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh.

Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails