Saturday, May 14, 2011

♥A Deer Father's Day♥Our Lives a Vapour♥

Here is that "Deer" card I had told you about in a previous post. Made 12 cards and each one looks different, guess it was in the way I colored them with my copic markers. In making the card, laid a stencil down and taped it then spread white "Dreamweaver" paste over it. Pulled off the tape and stencil which left a raised layer of paste. Let it dry overnight. Then colored in with copic markers. The cards were then layered on black, white and brown cardstock. The white cardstock was run through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder.

Father's Day is just 5 weeks away.......June19th!!!!! My own father died in March of 1961 ~ 50 years ago, seems like only a "vapour" ago. He was a good man and I loved my father very much, I still miss him to this very day. Growing up, he gave me alot of wisdom that I still remember many things he told me. My only regret, I don't think he knew Jesus as his Lord and Savior.

Have you ever watched smoke come out of a chiminy? I have, often. This verse always comes to mind. "Whereas you know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is life? It is even a vapour, that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away." (James 4:14) Our lives are like a vapour, here today and gone tomorrow. But in this verse the Bible comentary says "that making plans without God proclaims the fact that we consider ourselves to be our own master and if the Lord does not guide our lives, then all is a waste".

Certainly is food for thought isn't it? I wonder how much of my life was lived without asking God to lead and guide my steps? How much of my life was lived according to the agendas of other people and what other people thought I should be doing? How much of my life has been lived without even thinking about God and doing my own thing? Would I be where I am now if I had asked God for his direction? Would my life not have been full of regrets if I had "asked God"? I don't know, guess those are questions that shall have to wait to be answered, maybe in eternity???? And, also if my earthly father made it to heaven?

Well, guess it is time to shut this blog down for the night and go over to Etsy to see if any cards sold. Check out my store at: http://www.cards4ubylouise.etsy.com/

Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails