Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Garden Fountain....Start to Finish

Hi everyone, how did your day go today?? I have been taking these beautiful days to work on my gardens while the sun shines.

Thought today I would show you how my fountain is progressing. In the above picture you will see from where....my fountain came from. Doug and Sandi gave me the pond and flag stones in the spring. We transported them via Doug's truck with the help Tyler and his friends.
In the picture above.....you see the pile of flagstone, piled in clusters with no special rhyme or reason. I read someplace that putting a fountain together was like a big puzzle, fitting this stone, with that stone. Yep, I can agree with that.
 In the above picture is from another angle, you can see the liner laying on top of the flagstone.
So in this picture, things are starting to come together....but I have so much more to go...at least I could hear the sound of my fountain trickeling....it is so soothing to the soul.
In this above picture, I have been bringing out my ceramic animals. See that goose? Bought him for 50 cents at a rummage sale. Still much more rock moving to go and, I want to make two entrence ways, in the front and on the side, mainly so I don't trip over the big rocks. The slab that the turtle is sitting on, we bought at Menards for $8...it's going to be a little bench to sit on........wonder if I will ever take the time to do that. Lol!!
 In these last three pictures you see the (almost) finished product. I am very happy with the outcome. We bought 2 yards of red mulch. I probably have used 1 yard so far doing a little bit each day while the sun shines.
 As you can see, I widened the area and planted a hosta. Added to the garden today, is my water can hanging from a shepherd's hook, for now.......I may move it some place else, depends.
In this picture is another view of my "Fountain Garden." I thought I might redo the fountain and dig a deeper hole for the liner....but there is electric running to the garage, think I would need to know where that is before I dig deeper, don't want to get electricuted, need to call 811. So, I think maybe at the end of the summer I will do that.......maybe. I would like to add a wagon wheel to this garden behind the hostas, if I can find one....cheap.....at times I am cheap, and at times I am extravagant, guess it depends on my mood!!!

Well it is time to close this blog for a couple of days. Need to get dinner ready for JP. Left over lasagna soup......boy was that ever a good recipe, if you are intrested in the recipe, let me know and I will direct you to the blog I got it from.

You all have a great evening and may the Son shine brightly on whatever creative thing you are do tomorrow and keep looking up, for your redemption draws nigh!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Your garden is looking good. I would imagine that soon you will be attracting some wildlife, birds and frogs etc.

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise~
love the flower banner and the fountain area turned out really cute (:) animals are always fun to have as decor (:)
will be looking forward to seeing the new table up and running (:)LOL

Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful Louise! I wish had had a green thumb, but stuff comes to my house to die. :(

Enjoy your weekend!

Attic Clutter said...

ok where is that wagon wheel Louise(:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails