Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Fences - Old and New

Hi there everyone....Hope you are having a good week. It's been a little rough here. JP had to have a tooth pulled last Thursday and was off work both Thursday and Friday. Yesterday, Monday, he had a biopsy on his prostrate and was off work. Today he went to work...guess I will find out how he did when he gets home. The results of his biopsy will be next Monday. We are praying that the results will show no cancer. 
On Monday the 11th we had a new fence put up.....I am really loving it. The above picture is the Old fencing we put about 5-6 years ago.
In this picture we got the green fence all taken down and the ground raked and brush cut down. See that clothes line pole???? It got taken down too....I always thought it was on our property, but it actually was on the neighbors property. Guess I will have to think of another way to hang clothes.
Here are some of the men that worked on putting my fence up. Volunteers from Habitat for Humanity.
Wa la.....here is the finished product.....next year we will either paint it or stain it. I bought some mulch, so I want to lay some down along the fence, hopefully keeping most of the weeds down.
I put my old grill in front of the fence....a couple of benches that were left curb side by the neighbor across the street. He helped us carry them over to our place. We didn't have the fence up....so glad I got them.....they sure did add to the décor.
A little bit of a closer look.
It has been fun decorating my back yard.....already looking forward to Spring....is it here yet???? Oh, that's right it is still fall.
I invested in this pretty mum plant, will have to dig a hole and hopefully save it for next year. That's my ceramic squirrel I made when I still worked at The Salvation Army. We had a kiln in the basement and lots of things to paint. I made this squirrel, a frog, two turtles and a rabbit and they all come out in the spring and back in the shed for the winter. That was almost 30 years ago....time flies!!!

I did some canning of tomatoes tonight....haven't canned in eons. My two tomato plants out front of the house have produced an abundance of tomatoes. I have frozen some, dehydrated some, made spaghetti sauce and tomato soup, a few BLT's, stuffed tomatoes and fried tomatoes and lots of salad's. It's been a good tomato year here.

Well, time to close here. JP will be home in about 10 minutes so I better heat up his tomato soup and dinner I made for him. You all take care and keep looking up....better days are coming. 
Cheers ~ Louise

5 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I love your new fence. It's very nice. I also liked the two bench you got from your neighbor. I just got two new mums myself this weekend. I bought purple in my mom's memory. She just loved purple. Daddy used to say she had 20 pair of purple pants and the rest were white. LOL. I hope you are doing well. I will pray for your husband to get a good report. Blessings to you both, xoxo, Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie......Thanks on the fence and benches. Appreciate the prayers for JP>

NanaDiana said...

I am just thrilled that you finally got your fence up. Whooo Hoooo....it looks SO nice, Louise. I am praying that hubby does not have prostate cancer. Although if he does and it is in the early stages it is very curable. John had prostate cancer about 9 years ago and had the surgery and didn't need any follow up treatment at all. Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana.....Oh yesssssss....I am loving my new fence and it has been fun decorating and rearranging things. Jp does not want to have surgery, he is afraid he will have to wear a bag. He is praying that God will heal him instead. And you have a good night. Watching the Packers, so glad the Packers and Bears all stood while the star spangled banner and flag were presented.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie.....thanks on the fence....I love it too. I enjoy looking out my kitchen window to see my backyard. Will be a nice place to take a vacation there and it will be FREE too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails