Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Pretty Flowers and JP's 70th

Hi there everyone.....Hope you are having a good day!! Well, today is JP's 70th Birthday. He said he never thought he would ever make it to 70....yep, we are just a vapor. Here today and gone tomorrow. 

I will probably go to the store and find him a chocolate cake or some specialty chocolate pie....not sure yet. Maybe buy him a plant that we both can enjoy. I probably should buy him a new pair of work pants too. But I will wait till I get a coupon from Shopko...spend $50 and get $10 off....my favorite kind of deal.

Have not decided yet what his special meal will be....probably steak, mushrooms and potatoes.....I would like to get one of those Cowboy Rib eye steaks......and do a reverse sear on it. Put it in the oven first then sear on a fry pan.....sounds interesting.

I finally took some pictures of these lovely pink variegated tulips. They almost look like peonies don't they??? So pretty.
A few more views of these tulips. I need to put another layer of red mulch down, the weeds seem to make their way through the mulch....gerrrrr.....hard to keep up with the weeds.
My cute little pansies. I have some yellow pansies planted in planters on the front porch. Last night I planted red petunias. Tonight I pulled some snow on the mountain and some blue bells.....they look like weeds right now....so now is the time to be rid of them. Laid some mulch down but could use another layer. Oh well.....a little bit each day, I might be done by Fall.
We may order some more mulch, have not decided as yet. It's much easier to order 2 yards of mulch then buy the bags...you don't know from where that mulch is coming from and if it is diseased. Here, we buy this mulch that is actually recycled pallets and then dyed red. They use a magnet to release the nails. 

We have about a wheel barrel and a half left so that is not enough to finish what I want done in the front and back yard. My yard will really look nice when it finally gets done. I hope I am not just dreaming....that eventually it will be reality.

Well, I think I shall close this post for tonight so I can post it tomorrow on JP's Birthday. You all have a great day and keep looking up~~~better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Happy 70th to JP. God bless him and I hope his birthday dinner is wonderful and that he gets chocolate 'something'. lol
Good luck on your mulching. That is what my daughter's boyfriend is doing today. Mulching for her. I think I need a new boyfriend, too. lol

Hope you have a good day yourself, Louise! xo Diana

Susie said...

Louise, Happy birthday to JP. He sounds like he is going to get a great meal. I love that tulip, it's so unusual. Blessings to you and JP. xoxo, Susie

Jill said...

Happy 70th to JP! Sounds like you will be making his birthday very special :-) That tulip is beautiful! At quick glance I thought it was a type of rose. Hope you have a great evening.

Blessings,
Jill

Brenda in IN said...

Happy Birthday to JP. Seventy is a big milestone. I think he will enjoy a wonderful homecooked meal, it sounds like you are planning a good one for him. Your yard and flowers are lovely. It is time consuming to keep up with yardwork and you are doing a great job.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana.....Thanks Diana...He got a chocolate cream pie, tonight it will be gone. I got 1 1/2 pieces. Mulching might take all summer what with the way I work.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....Thanks on the birthday wishes for JP. Thanks on the blessings, we need them everyday!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jill.....He enjoyed his birthday...even had Birthday wishes from his dentist and Insurance man. thanks on the tulip....it's still beautiful even after the storm.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.....Thanks on the birthday wishes to JP. I guess he liked his meal....I ended up with cheese bergers, rice and gravy, fruit and his pie. He'll have steak this week end. A little rainy today, no yard work, I could chop down some weeds though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails