Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup

Hi there everyone....hope you had a good day.....Wednesday's are always wonderful.....because it is "Hump Day" and there is only 2 days to go till the week-end. You know how we ALL LOVE THE WEEKENDS!!!

So Monday I bought a big head of Cauliflower for $1.48. I was thinking of slicing it to make "Roasted Cauliflower Steaks," then I thought of a soup of some kind....tossed it back and forth in my mind for a few days. Finally, while walking Kylie I thought, just to roast the cauliflower along with some onions and carrots in a 375 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes. Poured olive oil, salt and pepper on the vegies and mixed together to cover thoroughly.
The recipe I am using is "Cheesy Broccoli Soup," and will just change it up a bit....I tend to do that with a lot of my recipes before even trying the original recipe. We'll see how this goes....so far, so good. It's smelling pretty good and that's just roasting vegetables in the oven. JP always acts as my taste tester.....well, he has not died yet.
Here the vegies are all roasted and they totally tasted delicious. I had a little bowl with some "Yum Yum Sauce" on it.....maybe I should have made 2 roasted cauliflowers?????? In the next picture is the vegies in the hot water and cooking up some more. I added 3/4 cup of instant potatoes to make it thicker.  
I took an immersable blender and blended the soup, as you see in this last picture. Here is where I added the chicken bouillon, cheese and chopped bacon.

Here is the recipe:
8 cups water
1-2 Tablespoon chicken bouillon
1 roasted onion
1 roasted cauliflower
Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
1/2 bag of sliced roasted baby carrots
3/4 - 1 cup instant potatoes
1/2 package shredded Colby cheese
3 - 4 strips of cooked bacon, chopped

I shall have to give this "Cheesy Cauliflower Soup" 5 stars, I really liked it. The true test will be when JP has a bowl. I will let you know.

So there you have it, dinner for tonight, soup along with some fruit and maybe pulled pork on toast. Friday I will be making corned beef and cabbage....looking forward to that dinner. No....I am not Irish, but I do enjoy the corned beef and sandwiches on rye bread.

Time to go downstairs and work on some cards. I am still making those cards that I showed you the other day. It is fun and I will show you a few samples in the next few days. Sunday I am going to a Stampin'up camp and there will be more cards to show you.

Well, time to close here......keep looking up.....better days are here and the weekend is coming!!!! Cheers ~ Louise

5 comments:

baili said...

cauliflower is one of my favorite veg but never tried its soup .
thank you for this delicious recipe friend.
sounds amazing .

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Baili.....thanks for stopping by, always nice to have a new visitor. Hope you like the recipe, change it up if you like....that's the fun of new recipes, you can always tweek it to your liking.

Attic Clutter said...

OH YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Louise
looks so good..
I roast my cauliflower and other veggies too
..sure makes them have a better flavor ,doesn't it..
hugs,Patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty......YES for sure! My next soup will be Cheesy Broccoli soup!! Another oh Yummmmmmm!!!

Attic Clutter said...

Oh Louise..
the sink muffins..ha
yup they did turn out to taste pretty good..:)a miracle in itself..LOL
BUT am trying to lose a few lbs. so have to watch what I eat for awhile..
more exercise would help :)
rainy and soggy out today just not a fun time to go out and walk..
ofcourse I could go swim or walk inside the mall..
oh well..
wish I had that yummy soup..love the idea of roasting all the ingredients first..
hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails