Monday, March 27, 2017

JP's Lunch Today

Hi there everyone....just a short post for today. I think I made the best lunch for JP today. French toast with bananas, maple syrup, topped with whipped cream. His eyes bugged out when I put the dish on the table!!! I am not sure I have made this for him, at least not like this.

He said it was almost as good as Perkins, if not better!!! I guess that is a compliment. I was watching "Long Lost Family" last night and the girl looking for her birth mother said her adopted grandmother always made French toast EVERY day.....I thought, jeez I don't even make French toast hardly ever. So, today I made French toast.

I made enough so that I could have a bite or two....sure was yummy good. I wish I had JP's metabolism....he can eat all he wants and not gain much weight....me, I just have to look at this picture and the pounds soak through my eyes on to my body!!!

So here is JP's plate after a few minutes.....I am sure glad I got to have some. Told him I will make it again. I think Kylie enjoyed some of this too.
Tonight's dinner is going to be pork loin roast with potatoes, carrots, apple and celery in the pressure cooker. It took more time to put it together then it did to cook. But, the end result was delicious. I had to taste test it before feeding it to JP....right?

I think I am enjoying cooking with the pressure canner. This summer I shall try canning some tomatoes in my pressure canner. Depends on what I get a lot of this summer.

The Chicago Blackhawks are playing right now. The score is 4-4 with only 14 minutes to play. The Hawks lost a big game Saturday, 7-0.....I was really upset....but then I think they were even more sicker. Maybe they need some French toast!!!! Still a 4-4 game with 4 minutes to play. Looks like we are going into Overtime......5 minutes of play and then the shoot-outs. I like the shoot-outs, each team picks a player to shoot against the goalie, whoever gets 3 goals wins!!! So I sure do hope the Hawks get this one. NOPE Hawks lost 5-4....(sigh)

After the game I will go downstairs and ride my bike for a couple of miles, then work on some cards. I still have till April 7th to get my collection of cards together for Hospice. At least this time I shall not be under pressure.

Wednesday, Betty and I are going to Sam's Club for a hot dog. Sam's has the BEST hot dogs!! Betty has had knee surgery on both her knees, so she is looking forward to the outing. I offered to bring her a hot dog....but she asked to be picked up to go there....okay, it's a date!!!

This post sure did turn into a long post....was supposed to be a short one. That just goes to show how wordy I can get....oh well. So, have a great evening and keep looking up ~~~ better days are coming and maybe the Hawks might win their next game on Wednesday with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Cheers ~ Louise




3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hubby and I drove to Door Co last week and I had Al Johnson's french toast. It was SOO SOO good! I have not had it in a long time. I don't even like syrup on mine...just butter and maybe a touch of confectionery sugar.

You do fix some good meals, Louise.

Hope you have fun at Sam's with your friend. It is good to get out and do that sort of thing. Happy cardmaking to you- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....Oh Al Johnson's that's the place with the Billy Goats on the roof??? I was there once years ago. Thanks on the good meals....I do try.

Jill said...

Hi Louise, I wanted to stop by to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for my surgery last Monday. Diana posted a prayer request on her blog and I am full of gratitude! I am slowly recovering but wanted you to know how very much I appreciate you thinking of me. :-) This looks delicious!! Hope you have a wonderful week! I'm looking forward to following along and getting to know you better :-)

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails