Friday, January 6, 2017

Just Busy...Making Cards, Food and Saying Bye-bye 2 Christmas

 Hi there everyone....well, here we go into January and tomorrow is the 7th already. Where did this week go??? They say time flies when we are having a good time......I guess I must be having a good time, for a 70 year old.
Thought I would show you a few more cards I made with this "stained glass" die cut. I sure do like this die. I have actually made a few more cards like this, one in orange and one in grey. Both are pretty nice. They are actually relaxing to make, sort of like adult coloring. I will take pictures of both after I make another grey "Thanks".

Went to the neighbors on Tuesday, to show her how to make some cards and she liked the grey "stained glass" so much, she asked if she could have it. She wants to frame it. So I gave it to her. Along with a few ideas for making her own cards. It was a fun morning.

The cards below were some of my first cards made with the die and new alcohol ink pens.
In this next picture is a meal from Blue Apron. "Steaks and Green Peppercorn Sauce with kale and Roasted Potatoes" This was a yummy meal, very easy and down to earth kinda cooking. The steak was tender and seasoned just right....I used half the peppercorns, so it was not spicy. The potatoes were sliced, oiled, salted and peppered then roasted till browned. Kale was cooked with minced garlic. Yep, very good meal. 5 stars!!! 
I don't know if I told you about these cookies....gosh, were they good, I could not stop eating them. Made with 5 eggs, 2 sticks of soft butter, 1 cup to 1-1/2 cup sugar, mix together. Add 2 cups flour, 1 teasp. almond extract and some crushed almonds. Mix till the consistency of sticky pancake mix or heavy pudding. Pour on cookie sheet (use parchment paper). Bake 350 degrees till the outside of cookie is browned like in the picture. I timed it about 20 minutes. Such a good Cookie.....will make these again, soon. Oh and top the cookie with one raisin before baking. Oh, they are called "Mama's Cookies"
Next picture are the cards I was showing my neighbor how to make. She has to make 30 thank you cards and wanted to use this technique. All it is, is distress inks dabbed on card stock, using any color you desire, then dabbed with water to make the water spots.....I really like this technique....quick and easy.
I found this card on the Internet....thought it would be an easy card to make for Hospice meeting which is coming up in 3 weeks. Need to have lots of Valentine cards made, so I better get cracking. One of the ladies that comes to the meeting had heart surgery in November. She died of complications a week ago. She will be missed.
Well, time to close here....I have been slowly taking down my Christmas things. It is hard to say good-bye. Just have my Village and little Christmas tree up. I usually keep the tree up till after Valentines Day. Changing lights and bulbs from blues to red and putting hearts on the tree. Yeah....it is hard to say bye-bye to my Christmas tree and village. So....maybe one more month of lights.

You all have a great weekend and keep looking up, better days are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

8 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What cute cards those are. I can see why your neighbor wants to frame one.
I copied down that cookie recipe. It sounds like one my grandmother used to make. I remember she spooned the batter onto the cookie sheet rather than dropped it as a dough. I will let you know if they taste the same. Thanks.
Hope you have a good weekend- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....sounds good...hope I got the right measurements, I was taking it from the top of my head...I will check again for sure.

Brenda in IN said...

Your cookies look and sound delicious. That was nice of you to help your neighbor make her cards, that's a lot of cards! I do love your Valentine card and need to start thinking about making some too. Happy New Year to you and I wish you a healthy, crafty one.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.....I am putting together the Hospice cards for this month....and want to include Valentine and St Patrick. It's no wonder time flies by fast. We go from season to season in a flash!!!

Biz said...

I can't believe we are almost 1/3 through the month of January already 😳 Your blue apron dish looks great, as well as the cookies - staying on my WW plan so far this year, which is hard because there are treats in the office nearly every day.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....I know, right? This month will fly by. You are doing good on WW keep up the great work. Your food ALWAYS looks good. I think I am too lazy to make food myself and always reach for easy things. JP eats well though cause I cook for him, but not for my self.

This N That said...

Your card are great..I haven't done any since I did my Christmas cards months ago..Maybe I will get inspired this winter.I like that die as well..Your cookies look yummy..Reading the recipe makes me think I should stay away from them..I have no will power..The steak dish looks yummy as well..Enjoy your week..Stay warm.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Missy....thanks for stopping by and thanks on the cards. Yeah, the recipe for cookies was yummy and one a person needs to stay away from.....but I couldn't, they were calling my name every time I passed by them. Loved your blog today....a review of 2016.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails