Friday, October 28, 2016

Hospital Visit, Prayers and Cards

Hi there everyone. How did your Friday go today??? I was pretty busy. JP had an appointment with the Urologist today. He had an ultra sound and biopsy of the prostrate. I guess they are looking for cancer. His brother had the same procedure and there was no cancer, so hopefully it will be the same for JP. Prayers for JP would be appreciated.

A special treat for us...I bought some pop-corn and a cup of coffee at the Hospital. Our next visit, next Wednesday to find out the results....maybe we will hit the Hospital's "Market Place" for a hamburger and salad....shall see how things go AND if I have $$$ for that day.

We got home about 11am, I took a nap till 1pm then got ready to take off for shopping and pay some bills. Hit Sam's Club, Hobby Lobby and Pic N Save then home. For some reason, I was feeling a little bit queasy with hot flashes in Hobby Lobby....whatever that was I do not know. By the time I got home....very tired. Uge old age is not for whissy's.

Following are 4 cards I made at Betty's last Friday....yeah, I am a bit behind. But I really have been busy making cards for Hospice lately, mostly Christmas cards. I should have enough to send out personally, put in my Etsy store and give to Hospice with some left over for next month.

So with these two cards, the top card is embossed with a cuttlebug folder and little die cut birds glued on, a bow tied and the flowers have speckles dabbed on them. Very simple yet beautiful.
In this Christmas card.....the background embossed with a Christmas folder then die cuts for the fiddle player, holly and Noel were glued on the card and a bow added.
This was really a nice technique. The picture was colored in with copic markers....any colors we desired. then after that we inked the picture with versa mark, then covered with embossing powder and heated to get that glass affect. Die cut birds and a stamped "Happy Thanksgiving" were added. Which reminds me, I need to get some Thanksgiving cards made too.
The last card was a snowman, colored in with copic markers and speckles to enhance the snow. Sequins were added to embellish the card and make the card look like a "snow-globe" Cute huh?!?!?

As I am typing this post....watching the Cubs game which is still playing, I did turn on the Hockey channel and watched the Hawks beat the Devils in overtime 3-2. So now I think the Cubbies should win too.....couple of more endings....Go Cubs!!!

Tomorrow is SATURDAY...my favorite day. We really need to rake leaves and cover the rose bushes. Maybe I need to take some tomatoes of the vine if they did not get frost bit. I was covering the plant for a couple of  days....time to do that. Where did this month go???? November is right around the corner, along with my birthday on the 21st and I shall be 70 years old......OH MY!!!

Time to close this post for today....I will come back on the 31st with 3 Blue Apron meals that I cooked this month, oh and maybe a video from YouTube.

You all have a great day and keep looking up, cause better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I was thinking about you and your Blue Apron meals the other day and wondered if you were still doing them. Glad you are.
I will be happy to pray for JP and his results. I certainly hope he does not have prostate cancer but it he does they are good at stopping it in its tracks in the early stages-amazing technology with robotic surgery.
Your cards are just amazing. That 'glass' technique one is really something special. You are really talented with your card making. xo Diana

Biz said...

Sending good thoughts for JPs test results. OMG, I love that new snowman card!! I think that's my new favorite.

Hope you had a great weekend - hugs!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana.....thanks for stopping by. Yes, doing Blue Apron, but not as much....letting 6 weeks pass or so...depends on what they have. I have to watch JP's pallet, he does not like spicy and there are certain dishes with certain vegies like egg plant, I do not like. Wednesday is the day we find out about JP's results. Thanks on the cards. I have been making some cards using the glass technique, I really like it too.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....Thanks on the good thoughts for JP. I shall have to remember to send you that card for Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails