Sunday, September 25, 2016

Gosh....I am really slacking!?!

Hi there everyone....how you all doing?? Guess it's been awhile since my last post.....I have been slacking a bit. Either there is not much going on or it is just the same humdrum life going on. Guess I don't lead a very exciting life, I don't blame you for not visiting my blog. Oh well, such is life.

Wednesday I was at my friends house making cards....here is a sampling of what we made. I like this stamp of the man picking tomatoes...was fun coloring him in with copic markers.
Ah yes....there must be a Halloween card in the mix. I probably will send this card to my daughter, as she is a great Halloween fanatic who likes lots of parties and haunted house stuff. Me, I am not much into Halloween, as a matter of fact I dislike it very much.....just don't like being scared to death by creepy things.

The tree was embossed and ran through the cuttlebug. Then we colored the tree in with a brown pencil then dabbed with a liquid that covers the pencil lines and blends everything in. The moon, ghost and pumpkins were punches and we sponged color on the pumpkin and moon.
This next card, we stamped the verse then ran it through a cuttlebug to get the little circles, then sponged color on the verse. The pumpkins were stamped on orange card stock, then colored in with copic markers and then we "fussy cut" the pumpkins. The twigs were from a die cut that Betty has...she then sprayed the back of the twigs with a spray glue and we placed the twigs where ever we wanted them to be placed. The leaves are punches with glue dots on the back and we placed them where ever we wanted.
This pretty little card was a simple one to put together. The flowers are die cuts, but before we placed the flowers on the panel, the flowers on the panel were colored in with copic markers. We also added colored gems on the panel. The flowers were glued on with pop ups and glue dots. Pretty little birthday card.
So what are your plans this last week of September???? Amazing....I have NOTHING planned on the calendar. Gosh, no Doctors, Dentists, there is one birthday coming up though. Other than that....probably pay bills and do some shopping....what else is new????

Tomorrow is the "great debate" between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton....should be a very interesting debate to say the least. I personally will be glad when all this is over, getting very tired of politics and all the lying and slandering that goes on. I already know who I am voting for and it is not the "dear lady"......ha, have you guessed???

Well, I guess it is about time to bring the tomatoes in and cut the bushes down, rake leaves and put my ceramic animals to sleep for the winter. Winter is peeking it's head around the corner.

You want to hear something really strange???? In 8 weeks I will be 70 years old!!!! EEKKKKK, I cannot believe that number, I think it may be like what turning 40 was like!!!! My body has slowed down, but my mind still feels young.....but my body is having a hard time keeping up.....oh well, someday it will all even itself out again.

Well, time to close, don't want to drag this on for too long. So you all have a great day and keep looking up~~~better days are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I love the cards. You are very talented. Patty at Patty's Pretty Things makes cards also. You might want to see hers. You card makers are awesome. This is one year I do not even want to vote....so I may just go in and vote for anyone. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....sorry to hear you have not made up you mind about who to vote for. I just don't want to see another 4 years of what we have had. I shall have to check out Pattysprettythings.com?????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails