Saturday, June 11, 2016

A Few Cards for Hospice and a Mini Misti

Hi there everyone...how was your day today. It was a little bit warm today...weatherman said it would be in the 90's....uge, too warm for me. We did not start working in the yard till about 5:00. Actually that is my usual time when JP is working....my energy level does not raise till about then and I can get loads done in those few hours before it gets dark and the mosquito's start biting.

Well, this past week I was working on cards for the Hospice meeting yesterday. The cards below were cards made for 4th of July. I made 22 cards for this event. I may use the same design for Veterans day cards in October. These were fun to make.....and a few ladies asked how I made them using the embossing folder and strips of red, white, and blue papers.
So in this picture is the Mini Misti that I won....it sure has come in handy and so much fun to use. I saw a tutorial on YouTube where they showed "10 ways to use the Misti". I shall have to write them down, as Betty wants me to do a short "show and tell" about the misti at her house at next card meeting.
In this picture of the 6 flowers and the one above, I used the Misti. It's a layered technique, the stamp has 3 layers, using different colors for each layer and then the stem and saying are stamped also.
This is a quick card I made....ran the pink and yellow paper through the crimper, then punched a butterfly....negative and positive....with a Happy Birthday and Thank You for the saying. This could be my "go to" card when I need a fast card to make.
These are my scenic picture cards.....I made a bunch of these cards up, different scenes for Birthday and Thinking of you.
Just one of these cards in the collection....I did make two, but held back on one because I want one for a sample to make some more.
My stained glass sail boat stamp. There are so many ways to color this....reminds me of the Adult coloring books....makes for a nice card, and I added a "thanks" die cut.
So, there you have it....just some cards I made for Hospice. We have a two month vacation from Hospice and back together again in September. Then we have to have Veterans and Halloween cards made. I am not much of a Halloween fan....so there will be very few in my collection....maybe mostly Fall cards for this girl.

Time to close, I want to go downstairs where it is cool and make some cards. So talk to you later and have a great weekend. Keep looking up, cause better days are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Biz said...

Your cards are stunning as always! Yep, a bit too warm for me too - thankfully at night it's gotten cool enough so we've gotten away with the windows open instead of running the central air 24/7.

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Connie

I have been not getting on my blog to much lately..to nice outside I guess :)
that's nice of you- the Hospice ..cards are all so pretty..
big hugs,Patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....the weather has been tolerable of late...so I am enjoying it. Except for all this rain. We've not put in the air conditioner as yet....holding off on it.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty....thanks on the Hospice cards. Yes the weather has been nice and yet...I still have so-so-so much to do. By the time I get everything done, fall will be here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails