Saturday, April 30, 2016

Last Day of April......

Hi there everyone....hope you had a nice Saturday and the last day of April. I had plans of working outside today....just a little bit chilly and cloudy with threats of rain. Guess it will rain tomorrow though.

JP mowed the lawn finally. But the weeds are over powering me, I don't know where to start first. I have more ideas then time this year and I need to catch up with myself from last year when I was so sick and did not get much done.

So today I went shopping, yes my favorite thing to do. Went to the hardware store, their flowers are set up and I bought a sweet tomato plant and a cucumber plant. That may be it for me this year, for some reason our yard is not conducive to gardening....too much shade. I may plant these plants in the front yard where we get LOTS of sun.

I also bought a little hanging light for the back yard, I like twinkling lights at night. They make me happy for some reason. I noticed the neighbors behind us bought a birdbath and bird feeder....that's neat, maybe the birds will come to our house and theirs for visits this summer.

Don't you just love my picture, I forget where I found it....might have been a fellow blogger....thank you Patty. I think the older I get....this is starting to sound so much like me.

I was at the Pharmacy the other day and two older people behind me were talking about forgetting things when they were at the store and how they need to make lists. I showed them my list and said, "I still forget things" hahahahaha....we all laughed. I said, "My mother never told me old age would be like this." The man said, "If my mother told me....I forgot." The lady said, "If my mother told me, I probably did not listen to her." We all laughed again......and then we forgot we were talking to each other...(kidding).

Well, I guess I shall close this post for tonight. I need to get downstairs and make some cards for Hospice. Next meeting is Friday the 6th....so I need to get (die) cutting (no pun intended) and get some cards made for Father's Day.

Tomorrow I will be making a Blue Apron recipe after church. "Grains of Paradise-Crusted Steak with Mashed Plantain, Collard Greens & Ginger Peanuts" Sound good? I will let you know with a picture and food critique. The picture looks good and I am most certain it will taste delicious too, I have not been disappointed yet.

See you in May with many new cards, food and most likely some gardening and flower pictures. Keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails