Monday, March 7, 2016

Oh Bummers!!!

Hi there everyone......oh bummers......my "slow cookin', pressure cooker" conked out tonight! I have had it 9 months.....did I use it that much? No I don't think so. I was making a big pork roast with homemade sauerkraut, set it on slow cook for two hours. When I checked on it, the lights were not on. What does that mean? I changed outlets, pressed buttons, took the lid off and put it back on, pressed buttons, Oh bummers!!! Now what??? Guess I will go to Shopko and see if I can bring it back, wish me luck.

So, I took the pork roast out of this cooker and put it in my old crock and it is cooking away. Oh...I hate when things break down and stop working.
This is me.......in the picture below, yep, my world just crashes all around me when things don't work properly. When the car breaks down, an appliance stops working, my dog is sick, a friend unfriends me, my computer or the printer doesn't work or the husband is upset with me or gets an arm pain. Yeah, when things just don't go right, this is most definitely me.
Here's another thing that conked out.....my watch that I got for Christmas. Bummers!!! First the watch band kept breaking and I would super glue it back together, first the right side, then the left side. Then the loops came off and I super glued them together. When everything was super glued and working right.....one day at Walmart, I felt the watch fall off again....yeah another dose of super glue to the strap. I thought I should get a new watch band, after all that, but then when I looked at the price of a new watch band verses buying another cheapy watch, the difference was just $.88. No I will not buy a watch band. After that decision, the watch stopped working. Bummer! So I bought a new watch @ $7.88, this one is all white, have not taken a picture of it, who knows, in a few months I may have to get another new watch!!!! Watches and me just are not compatible.
So yeah, in the picture below.....this is so apropos for me. I remember years ago, when I was applying for a job, I said, "I try to get all my ducks in a row....but sometimes they don't" And the new boss asked me, "So what do you do when your ducks are not lined up?????" Jokingly, I said, "I shoot them" (not really though, guess I would gather them, and start all over again), You should have see the look on his face....so funny! Well, needless to say, I did get that job, and I am not sure if I ever got my ducks in a row, cause things were always changing, just when I thought something was done.....it got changed or moved. Oh well, sure glad I am not there anymore.
Well...I hope you had a good day and a better week. The weather should be nice this week and the temps should be in the 50's, how nice is that??? Maybe it is time to sit on the porch and maybe get  my fountain going. I know Kylie will enjoy the porch time.

Tomorrow, JP and I have a dentist appointment to get our teeth cleaned....sure hope things go well, can't afford any more high bills at this time.

I think the rest of this week, I will lay low for awhile and maybe concentrate of seeing if I can get a new pressure/slow cooker from Shopko. Hopefully I saved the box and maybe the receipt is still in the box.

You all have a great week and keep looking up, Things and times will get better, eventually.
Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Biz said...

Aw, that stinks! Sorry it pooped out on you and fingers crossed that you'll be able to return it. I saw that the temps back home were going to be in the 50's - it's actually been on the cool side for Texas - in the low 70s but it feels glorious to me while everyone is wearing a hoodie!

Hugs and have a great week!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz...I am sure you are having a great time in Texas and the temps look wonderful....perfect!!! Bring some of that weather back with you.

Susie said...

They sure do not make things to last...but that is craziness...I would absolutely the companies know...those with a thought to keeping customers will reimburse you..and those bums that don't , won't. My daughter is still using an old crock pot I used to make meals when they were kids. Good luck honey. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie.....thanks for stopping by. I know, right things just don't last long at all. I think I will email the company and see what they say....their product, they should stand behind it. I would think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails