Thursday, March 3, 2016

Birthday Card and Chicken Schnitzel

Hi there everyone. Well, the first 3 days of March have passed by....such a whirl wind of things to get done, I tell ya!!!!

So in my first picture is the birthday card I made for grand nephew, Evan, he will be 7 years old on Saturday. I am sure they are planning a big birthday party for him. My card probably will be late, as it has to travel down to Chicago.....I sent him $7, a brand new 5 and 2 dollar bill.

I saw the idea of this "crazy bird" by Tim Holtz on the internet and thought he was so cute.
Below is the bird I saw in the internet....not sure where I found it, but the above is my take on the bird below.
He was stamped on white card stock and colored in with copic markers. Also stamped, is the lady bug. I drew in the leaves and stems of the flowers. The flowers are fabric flowers and a candy dot placed in the middle of the flower. I ran sticky tape across the card and poured green glitter on it. My google eyes are smaller and I placed red sequins around the bird. So, those are the differences. It is always amazing to me how one card can have so many different looks. No one card is alike......same bird different, looks. 
Here is my last Blue Apron meal.....yum, this was really good, "Chicken Schnitzel with Fingerling Potato Salad and Lingonberry Jam". Not sure if I talked about this meal before, but it was really good and most likely I will do this again. The chicken was flattened, then dropped in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs then fried in oil till browned. The potatoes were cooked, cooled the mixed with mustard, demi glace and a shallot-vinegar mixture and seasoned with salt and pepper. Really a good potato salad....all in all this was very good. 5 stars here and a keeper for sure.

I so look forward to my Blue Apron meals, my next 3 meals will come on the 17th....by then I will want a change from corned beef and cabbage...that's if I buy a corned beef this year.

Saturday, I have to finish up my income taxes and take them into the accountant.....whew, what a job, don't think I could do that 5 days a week, no, accounting is not my nitch. Not sure what my nitch is accept for cooking and making cards, that seems to be what makes my world go around. When summer comes, maybe I will be playing with my flowers and gardening.

Well, time to close here, and I want to finish up my cards for Hospice as the meeting is tomorrow morning. I have about 50 cards made and just have to put the inserts in tonight.

You all have a great night and keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Today I'm not working in this house! I'm tired and taking a break to visit blogs. Your bird card is cute as can be and so much fun. I love the cards you did at stamp camp too. I wish my taxes were done as I know they will be much harder this year. I put them on the back burner while I worked on the house but now I need to start thinking about them. Good for you being done!

R's Rue said...

Good to find your blog
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

NanaDiana said...

Love that card for your nephew. You do such beautiful work, Louise! I know how much you are enjoying your Blue Apron meals. Hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....glad you are taking a rest from the work in your house. Oh your cutting boards...I have the grey one in your picture and use it all the time. One of these days I will get a Stampin'up cutting board. It cuts and scores....some day.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Regine....I shall come by your blog as soon as I finish here. Glad you could stop by.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....Thank you Diana, read your blog sorry to hear about John's nausea...that is not a good feeling. I had a lot of nausea when I was dealing with the hernia (nausea and vomiting together) But maybe the worse part is over now. To think he had enough strength to go minister to another...that is amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails