Sunday, October 18, 2015

Saturday....Spent a Day Making Some Cards....Finally!!!!

Hi there everyone.....whomever that may be. Well, I finally spent some time in my basement studio, making some cards and also found some time to reorganize some stamps. Sometimes I can be so messy, and not put things back they way they were. So yeah....time to pick up after myself and straighten up a few things..
I bought this Tim Holtz stamp set from "Simon Says Stamp!" Here is their site. This week I need to get some Tim Holtz here is his blog site. distress inks, especially one certain color for my Christmas cards. If I can't find what I am looking for here in town. I will be off to "Simon Says Stamp!" again.

I have been seeing these "Crazy Birds" around a lot and thought they were so cute. There are quite a few tutorials on YouTube that show how to color them with Copic Markers and water color pencils. So far, I am liking the copic markers. So many ideas and so many ways to color these guys.
I like that they are so colorful....and whatever the color you use....they will look funny and appealing to the eye and bring a smile each time. Now I have to find some sayings to go along with their funny faces.
Thank You, Missing you, Hello Friend. I have seen some birds with hats on for Birthday and Halloween. I need to get some cards together for Hospice.....think I will use these crazy birds to bring a smile to a face or two.
Here is the third meal from Blue Apron I made on Thursday....this was really good. The eggs actually came in the box of food and were packed very carefully in an egg container and wrapped up in brown paper and then in a box....nope, they were not broken. I wondered about the transportation of these eggs....but they made the trip in one piece.....lol!!!

This meal was so yummy. "Roasted Romanesco Cauliflower Salad with Homemade Garlic Croutons and Sunny Side-up Eggs" I think I shall make this again....not sure I will be able to find the cauliflower they used.....but white will be fine. The cooked kale and onions with garlic was just the right touch. The cauliflower was roasted with spices and olive oil. Mixed together with the croutons and a fried egg placed on top....yes, a very good dish with lemons squeezed on top.

I found 3 people to receive the free invitations to receive 3 free meals from Blue Apron. Here is their site.  Two Blog Friends and my neighbor next store. I know they will enjoy these lovely gifts and love the meals as much as I do. Happy cooking friends  :)

Well, time to close here, need to take a short nape. I am feeling my eyelids getting heavy. The Packers are playing today at 3:25....that is usually my nape time. So you all have a great day and keep looking up. Cheers ~ Louise




4 comments:

Biz said...

Those cards are absolutely adorable! Love them. Glad you are feeling so much better too - I can just tell in the tone of the blog post.

Hugs!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....thanks on the cards.....yes I have been feeling much better, my "oomph" is coming back...:)

Brenda in IN said...

Those birds are the cutest ever. I love their epxressions and they can be used for any kind of card. Your coloring is good too. I'm glad you were able to get downstairs and make some cards. It's good therapy and something fun to do. Glad you were able to take advantage of the meal shares. I hope they enjoy the meals as much as you have.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....Thanks on the birds...they are fun to play with. And yes, I am glad I found 3 people to share with.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails