Friday, May 29, 2015

Before and After ~ Front Of the House

Hi there everyone. Hope you are having a nice day....well, it's Friday and we have the weekend to look forward to. Bought some hamburger and hot dogs at Jacobs Meat Market, hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend and we can grill out and eat on the front porch again this weekend.....this is our vacation time you know.....so we have to take every minute we can to enjoy!!!!
In the following pictures are the before and afters of our house. In this top picture the big bush was nice....and I really just wanted it cut back. I guess they did and there was not much left of it after it was cut back......so they took it out.....gosh that had to be a BIG JOB!!! Also in this picture you can see the basement window....all eight windows were replaced and also you see no shutters on the house.
Again, another view of the porch.....looks real sad.....the porch got painted, deck and posts and the front yard landscaped. Pat also put an electric outlet on the porch for my little water fountain and for JP when he uses the weed-eater. Pat also put a new porch light up for us.
WA LA!!!! Doesn't the make-over make a difference??? "Curb Appeal Plus" don't you think??? I didn't realize how much that bush made a difference, the front yard looks less cluttered....I am liking the new look. See the basement window? The shutters? The new Plants?
Here is a better view of the front of the house, the shutters, basement window, there is 5 new plants out front. Not sure what those purple plants are, I shall have to check out the nurseries to see if I see something like it. I like how the porch popped out. The shutters gave my house that finished looks. Gosh, it only took 12 years for the shutters to get back up on the house.
Another view of the house with the sign and showing the work done by the companies. Not sure how long it will be up. One of the neighbors already asked me how long will it be there.....don't know, I said, I am sure they will take it down when they are ready or when the house is completely done. The front door still needs to be painted and everything finished by June 15th.

I need to have the garage door opener re-programed, I don't understand the directions and can't open the door from inside the house. So if Pat shows up again, I can ask him to show me how to do that...cause I know it will get discombobulated again.

Tomorrow I have a few plants to get in the ground and a little landscaping in the front. I want to plant some rose-moss  down the front walk....maybe find a rose bush for the other side of the front house now that the big bush is gone and that part will get lots of sun.....oh my so much to do and so little time.

Well you have a great weekend and keep looking up. The Chicago Blackhawks are playing the Anaheim Ducks tomorrow.....game 7...we are hoping for a WIN!!!!!

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Louise- That looks FANTASTIC. Looks like a sweet, darling cottage. I just love it all-especially the porch. They did a great job on the whole project! You so deserved to have that done! xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana. Thanks, I really like my little house and all it's improvements. Especially the kitchen ceiling....no more leaking. I don't cringe when I know it's going to rain.

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, what a difference. Sometimes we just live with what is and don't worry about things. I love your front porch. Looks like a great place to just sit and watch the world go by. I'm sorry if I confused you. I signed up for the Mask-erade class, but didn't mask to make the grad card. I should have since I stamped over the dotted lines on one but that's okay. I'm hoping to do some of the masking soon though. Thanks for your sweet comments. We are hanging in there. I just got my hopes up, should have known better when dealing with the VA.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails