Monday, May 25, 2015

A Yummy Spring and Summer Salad....

Hi there everyone. Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day that included family, friends and lots of good food. Also I hope you remembered those who gave their lives that we might enjoy the freedoms we have today.

Today almost felt like a Saturday....we always seem to get lots of things done. I did manage to plant some Cosmos and sowed some cosmos seeds....so it should be fun to see them grow. Next set of flowers to plant are my Zenia's, they usually get planted along side the house, which is their regular place.
I made this wonderful salad....I think this is a keeper. Very refreshing....never thought to mix cucumbers and strawberries together. The idea came from this blog

The only thing I did different was add the salad dressing and feta cheese. On this salad I used an Asian sesame salad dressing which was very good. My previous salad had Caesar's dressing. I guess you could use any dressing you like.
This is what it looks like when the husband gets a hold of the salad.....sure glad I had my portion.

Watching the Blackhawks play the Ducks in Anaheim, CA.....10 more minutes to play and the Hawks are losing.....geez.....come on Hawks!!!!!

So this week.....the last week of May, (where did this month go????) I will be cutting a friends hair. She had asked me in April...but I was sick and not able to do it. So she waited till I felt better. Nothing planned on Wednesday. Thursday I go to the Dentist to get a deep cleaning on half my mouth. The other half will be in July. Uge, not sure I am looking forward to this....but I guess I shall survive.

I am still trying to put my house back together after having Rebuilding Together people come and make many improvements on my house.....and I am still loving all the new things added. I love my kitchen and the new ceiling.....yes, I took some pictures today....soon to be seen on this blog.

Well time to close here, I made a rhubarb crisp....so I need to go try some of that and get a drink of water....thirsty!!! (Darn the Ducks just scored and there is 4 minutes left)

Have a good evening and keep looking up!!! Cheers ~ Louise

PS....WHEW....the Hawks and Ducks are tied 4-4 and will be going into OVERTIME!!!

PSS.....'Da Hawks lost!!!! Next game is Wednesday!!!

11 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

HI Louise..
looks good
I love Asian dressing ,feta and fruit and veggies..the salad below -post- looks good too..
Glad you are getting the house back up and running..
have a wonderful week .. :)
hugs,Patty

Biz said...

Huh, I never would have thought of strawberries and cucumbers together either?! Glad you had a nice weekend, and other than the dentist, you have a great week!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty....yes delicious salad. And I am not sure the house is getting back up and running....but it has been fun trying to do it.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz, hope you try the strawberries and cucumber salad....I am sure you will get hooked!!!!

Patricia said...

I would have had to cheer for the Ducks. They're our northern neighbors and quite popular around here. We don't watch sports though, unless you count the Super Bowl commercials. ;)

Patricia said...

I would have had to cheer for the Ducks. They're our northern neighbors and quite popular around here. We don't watch sports though, unless you count the Super Bowl commercials. ;)

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patricia....oh I have been a Hawk fan for over 50 years....the Hawks then were one of 6 teams....not like now with so many teams playing. Guess it makes things more interesting.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I bet that crisp was good!!!! I would cheer for the Hawks, too. lol Hope you get your house put together soon. I did not get to the post office yet- so bear with me! xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....YES that crisp was good...your recipe is really delish...I did cut down on the sugar. No rush....take your time. I know how it is to mail things off and I see you have a lot of orders via Etsy.....isn't that exciting?!?!!?

Pom Pom said...

Hi Louise! Yes, your strawberry/cucumber salad must have been delicious! Your husband thought so, huh?
Have fun planting!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Karen....yes, so glad you posted it. I have enough cucs and strawberries for quite a few more salads. Life will never be the same without that fruit and vegie!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails