Monday, March 2, 2015

Stampin'Up Camp Cards and Basket

Hi there everyone...how is your evening going? I'm watching the Bachelor right now, so while watching, thought I would post these cards and basket I made at Stampin'up camp yesterday.....pretty cards huh?? I can hardly wait to receive the stamps and die cuts I ordered from the demonstrator.
This was a fun card to make and very festive and easy. It took 2 banner die cuts and the stamps. I like the sequins and clothes pin embellishing the card...fun. Maybe in a few months I might buy them so I can make more of these cards. Course I won't need the banner die cuts....can always cut a few by hand and use a different stamp.
This is the lotus blossom stamp....which I actually got for FREE if I ordered $50.00 worth of product. Anyways, I sure do love this stamp, so beautiful. It is actually 3 stamps used with two different color inks. Being this was my first time using these stamps...it really did not turn out the way it should....maybe after a little practice I will master the placement of the stamps and colors. Stay tuned for more cards with lotus blossoms.
I bought this butterfly...it actually has two mates, but this one seems to be the one that everyone is using. I also purchased the stamp set. The stamp set and die cuts were a little under $50 so I added a chalk pen and Staz-on refill. I just love the effect of the butterfly. It's going to be fun using this butterfly on my cards.
Now this was a fun project to make. The die cut is much larger and would not fit my Cuttlebug....but is was fun to make. So if I would like to make this basket at home, 1) I would have to buy the Big Shot machine 2) and buy the die cut. I guess I will stick with what I have. Also, I have to look at, how many baskets would I be making, would it be worth it??? At this point, I would have to say no, maybe that basket will just be on my "wish list".

I feel bad, at the stamp camp a lady was ordering some stuff....I sat down on the couch and accidentally sat on her basket....oh geez....I felt so bad. Honestly, I did not see it on the couch. Kathy gave her another basket to take home and to put together. I said I was sorry to the lady...I am not sure she was too happy with me.....but she got two baskets...oh well, life happens.
All was not a loss......I won one of the door prizes. Cute stamps huh?? Now if I can just find some cards as samples that these stamps were used on. Maybe I will check out Pinterest and type in "Petal Parade" and see what comes up.
After I get done typing this blog....I am headed to the kitchen to make this soup. "Basil Tomato Soup and Turkey Meatballs". I already have the meatballs in the freezer. Just have to make the soup which includes a large can of tomatoes, chicken soup, garlic, onion, carrots and celery....seems very simple. I am always in "for something simple".

Tomorrow we have a meeting with the a lady from Rebuilding together. We have been selected to be a part of the Annual Project Day on May 9th. We will have a project manager who will be setting up and scheduling the people to come work on the house. I just need to know my part...and how much I need to move from the kitchen so they can fix the ceiling. In the next picture is my kitchen ceiling.
Yeah.....it looks pretty bad. We had the roof fixed this last October....no leaks. So I am hoping finally getting this fixed will  end my nightmare of 10+ years.

Well, time to close and get that soup made and get some dishes out of my sink before the lady comes tomorrow. Cheers ~ Louise

7 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

HI Louise..pretty cards as you always do such a nice job on them..love the flower and butterfly the best (:)
Have a wonderful day (:)
hugs,Patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty....thanks! You have a wonderful day also.

NanaDiana said...

YOur cards are really cute, Louise, and so are the stamps you won.
That little basket is really cute but you are right- how many of them would you really ever make over time?
Too bad you sat on that gal's basket. I probably would have started laughing because I am just "that person" and then everyone would have gotten mad.

Hope you get that project on your ceiling done in short order. Whoo Hooo- xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana...thanks on the cards...can hardly wait for the stamps to arrive....hahah funny, I wished I could have laughed it off but the lady seemed a little upset. Yikes. The ceiling...it's going to be a busy couple of months, people coming and going and lots of moving and shaking going on.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

PS thanks for telling me I can bypass that silly "I'm not a robot" and go straight to publish. Makes life easier.

Brenda in IN said...

Your cards are so pretty and that basket is darling. I'm with you about how often I would use it. Wow, that leak really did a number on your ceiling. It will be so nice to have it fixed up again. Soup sounds good, let us know.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda, Yep, I will be glad when the ceiling is fixed. I have one bowl left of that soup...it was delish!!! Shall have to take a picture...ummm that's if it's still in the frig.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails