Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Vegie Marinara Sauce....mmmmmm

Hi everyone.....do you see the light at the end of the tunnel??? I heard the weather is going to be 35 degrees this weekend OH AND daylight savings begins too..."Spring ahead" which means our days will be longer....THAT is a sign of SPRING to me. Yes....we are all looking forward to nicer days ahead.

Well today I made some more Vegie Marinara Sauce, thanks to Biz at: http://www.mybizzykitchen.com (for some reason my link button does not work, after 4 tries, decided to just type in Biz's blog address) I love this recipe and it sure is a good way to get all your vegies in one dish, not only for kiddo's but for us adults too!!! So thanks Biz, for a wonderful recipe, this and lasagna soup have to be my favorite all time recipes!!!
MMMMMMMM~~~~~~Vegie Marinara Sauce. Roasted the vegies last night, beans, onion, broccoli, tomato, pepper, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper and seasoning. Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Roasted at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until done. After roasting, let cool then put in a pot. I then added 1-28 oz can of diced tomatoes, 1-28 oz water, 1 teasp. basil and 1 teasp. Italian spices. I let it sit in the frig. overnight (only because there was no time to finish it) Maybe, letting it sit overnight, the spices and vegies can work together and blend well for a more Italianey taste.
Today while making JP's lunch, I took the pot out and heated it up till boiling, then turned down the heat. (which reminds me, I probably will add a couple of pinches of cayanne pepper to this pot of sauce after it is finished.
Brought out the immersable blender and started blending all the vegies together till they were blended. MMMM looking forward to some of this.
Here is the finished project, about this point you can add the hot pepper if you like. Or some hot sauce. How ever much you would like.
You can see in this picture the sauce looks chunky, almost as if there is some kind of meat in the sauce....but there is not. As I said before....mmmmm....looking forward to a taste of this on Spaghetti, spaghetti squash, sauce for pizza, maybe cook up some cabbage and pour some of this sauce over it.....the ideas are endless I think.
I found this picture I took a while back of some vegie sauce on spaghetti, must have taken a month or so ago. But this is what it looks like. One thing I like to do is put some mozzorella on the sauce and melt in the microwave. MMMM just tastes soooo gooooood!!!!

So have a great day, and I hope you try this recipe, it's actually lots of fun to make and is very good and versitile too. Take care and talk to you later, keep looking up!!
Cheers ~ Louise

3 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

oh wow that sure does look delish(:)

NanaDiana said...

I am going to try this, Louise, when I am visiting my daughter with the new baby coming. It sounds like a really healthy alternative to meat sauce. Thanks-xo Diana

Biz said...

So glad this one is a winner for you Louise!! I am having my last bowl of lasagna soup for lunch today - must make more stat!

And I agree, that veggie marinara sauce is just a great all around sauce - so many possibilities!

You might like these zucchini boats!

http://www.mybizzykitchen.com/2009/07/01/zucchini-boats/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails