Friday, July 26, 2013

"42" The Story of Jackie Robinson

.In 1947, Branch Rickey put himself at the forefront of history when he signed Jackie Robinson to the Brooklyn Dodgers, breaking Major League Baseball's infamous color line. But the deal also put both Robinson and Rickey in the firing line of the public, the press and other players.

Facing blatant racism from every side, even his own team, Robinson was forced to demonstrate tremendous courage and restraint by not reacting in kind, knowing that any incident could destroy his and Rickey's hopes. Instead, Number 42 let his talent on the field do the talking—ultimately winning over fans and his teammates, silencing his critics, and paving the way for others to follow. 

So I am watching this movie right now....third time...........love it, it is one of those movies that you can watch over and over again and not get tired of it. Jackie Robinson was quite the man, called a hero by many and had a lot of guts to do what he did. He won the respect of his people, and peers with alot of class. Sad to say, he died of a heart attack at 53, he also had diabetes.   I'll be getting this movie with netflex.......but I just could not wait. U-Verse offered it "on demand" sooooo I am watching it on my TV right now.........great movie!!! I would recommend this film to anyone. 

Nothing spectacular happening. Still working on my stamping studio, moving everything around, will be awhile before I make some cards.   You all have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh. Cheers ~ Louise

4 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

oh sad he died so young(:(
have fun working on the studio...
hearts' ... fun hope you find some(:)

Patricia said...

Hi, I'll keep a look out for it at RedBox next time we rent a movie. It looks like something that Rick and I both would like. Thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that tip on that movie - we have Netflix now - love it!

Hope you had a great weekend!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Never have seen the movie, but I'm sure I would enjoy. Boy, he looked so healthy in pictures I've seen on t.v. Enjoy your week and many blessings! Roxie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails