Saturday, January 19, 2013

Valentine's and Smoothies

Something new added to my Etsy store. A sweet little candy or cookie box for that special person or lover♥. It's the only one I have, so it would be considered a "one-of-a-kind" Valentine box. I priced the Valentine box at at $10 + $4 shipping.

I will be adding these Valentine cards to my Etsy store today. I think I will sell them for $1.50 a card or $9.00 for the set + shipping which will bring them to $12.00. Three of the cards say "Happy Valentine's Day" inside the card. One is blank and two cards say "hugs and kisses". I am working on a few other Valentine cards and will have them up in my store this next week. Hopefully in time for someone to see them and buy one or two cards for their lover ♥.

Today JP and I made a trip to "Pawn America" and finally picked up his new "used" accordion that was on lay-away since November. He is a happy camper now, and is going to see if he can play it at church tomorrow. We also hit EyeMart (an hour wait to get my glasses fixed), Woodman's (busy, busy place), Citgo to pay the Electric bill  (whew~that's off my mind) and Post Office (mailed a Netflex Cd back). When we got home, JP pulled out his accordion and started playing...nice!! Then he took off to go to church to clean and play his accordion.

Left alone, I made myself a smoothie for lunch...........I am getting a little daring with these fun drinks.
1/2 can coconut water
1 large mushroom
1/4 cup red pepper
1/4 cup avocado
Wasn't bad at all, not sure what the benefits were but it sure was fun to drink. I really needed to use the avocado up cause when I cut it open there were a lot of brown spots..........oh well, froze the rest in Saran plastic, hopefully it won't turn brown.

Well, I guess it is time to take down my Christmas tree and Village...(sniff, sniff) I am actually thinking of leaving up my tree and just take the Christmas stuff off and put Valentine hearts up....sound sweet??? I like the lights.........oh I'll see. Here is a picture of my village and Christmas tree, just in case you are interested.
My little village...I like to add something new every year, whether it is a building, people. tree  or accessories.  This year I added a building. See the garage, far left with the man on top the roof shoveling snow. I picked up the garage for $1.50 at the thrift shop.......not a bad deal. 
  Here you see my little Christmas tree. Not even sure how long I have had this tree.....it sure has been handy, it's a fiber optic tree and this is the first year the optic lights did not work, I thought I would miss them, but I strung lights on the tree and I think I actually enjoyed the tree more this year....guess that is why I don't want to take it down. If I decide to leave it up for Valentine's I will take another picture of it so you can see my "Valentine's Tree" and who knows.....maybe I might make a "St Patrick Tree" and an "Easter Tree".......hummmm that might be pushing it though :)

Well, I guess I will close this blog for today, you all take care and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh.
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lost me at adding mushrooms to your smoothie!

I had another one today - I usually put a teaspoon of honey in it, but today I forgot but it was still delicious!

Happy Monday!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Used to not be a mushroom lover in my early years, but now, love'em. todays smoothie
1/2 coconut water
3 strawberries
1 1/2 stalk celery
handful of spinich
1/2 banana
2 big Tabls chocolate chip chobani

mmmmmm good I call this one the Coconut Chocolate Chip Green Smoothie. I think I need to work up my own smoothie cookbook. And I lost 1 pound and my blood sugar was 124....that is a good number for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails