Monday, January 7, 2013

Eggnog Waffles Anyone???

Made some "eggnog waffles" today for JP's lunch. Here are some pictures of those yummy little treats. Got the idea from Biz's blog for today. Visit her at: www.mybizzykitchen.com  She made "His and Her's pancakes" and gave her recipe for "His Pancakes". So I started thinking maybe instead of milk I could use up the eggnog in the refrigerator............so here is my take on Biz's pancake recipe as follows:

His Pancakes
1 cup milk (+ 2 T for thinner cakes)                    
2 eggs                                                                
3 Tbls. oil                                                          
1 1/2 cup flour                                                  
2 Tbls. sugar
2 teasp. baking powder
1 teasp. salt
Mix everything together and let sit for 15 minutes before making. Let the baking powder bubble up as the pancakes will be more fluffy.

In this picture the waffles are made. I layered mixed fruit on the top of the waffles then poured  the vanilla yogurt on top. JP gave this dish the "seal of approval" so we are good to go today and JP is a happy man and should have a good day at work!!!!

Eggnog Waffles
1 cup eggnog + 2 tabls.                                        
2 eggs                                                                  
3 Tabls.  oil                                                          
1 cup flour                                                            
2 teasp. baking powder                                        
1 teasp. salt
                                                         
As the eggnog is thicker, I used the extra 2 tables. Omitted the sugar, as there were 19 grams of sugar to 1/2 ups of eggnog. I used 1 cup of flour as the mixture was very thick. Mixed all the ingredients together and then let it sit so the baking powder could do it's thing. There was some bubble action but not alot. I poured the batter into the waffle iron (1/4 cup) and baked till the light went off on the iron.

So one of these days soon, I shall make some pancakes using Biz's recipe. If they are anything like these waffles today.......they were DELICIOUS!!!!

Well you all have a great day........I am going to be busy tonight watching the Biggest Loser and The Bachelor, one has to be recorded......not sure which one yet. As for the Biggest Loser, Every season I try going on a diet and do more exercise with the contestants, but to no avail.......just not sure I could sustain the regiment they do. I'd have a hard time getting yelled at all the time!!!!! So I will just continue riding my stationary bike and jump on my trampoline and get a few new tips along the way with THEIR journey to lose weight. :)  Maybe I could lose a few pounds.

Till later keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh.  Cheers ~ Louise

3 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, that's some yummy looking food right there!

Anonymous said...

Those turned out great Louise! Glad I gave you the inspiration - it looks restaurant worthy!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Thank you thank you!!! Yes they sure were yummy Tina.

And thank you for the inspiration Biz....love reading your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails