Monday, January 21, 2013

Cold, Cold, Cold and Winter Smoothies

Buuurrrrrrrr..........Baby it is COLD out there!!! I think I want to hibernate for a couple of days.
Although, winter is actually good for us. It gives us time to do the things that get overlooked during Spring, Summer and Fall. Right?!?!?! I know there is always something that gets pushed aside, wish somehow there was a happy balance though. When I was 20 years younger I got those things done......but now, it seems to take a little longer to get all the things done and then I seem to find more things to do.....guess that keeps life interesting though.

Made another interesting Smoothie today....I am starting to like this new, hummmm, what would you call it, new lifestyle, regime, life change, diet, exercise, not sure, but it seems to be working for this old lady.

I call it "Coconut Chocolate Chip Chobani Green Smoothie"
1/2 cup coconut water
3 large strawberries
1 1/2 stalks celery (stringless)
handful of spinich
1/2 banana
2 large tablespoons Chocolate Chip Chobani yogurt
Mix together and enjoy!!

I am really having fun doing these smoothies and have lost 1 lb. YAY!!! (4 since I started). I know, I know it is probably water weight, but hey, I will take it!!! Still ride my bike 5+ miles every night and now have added my rebounder trampoline, maybe 1-2 minutes until I can build up to 5 minutes.  I read where 5-10 minutes a day works every muscle and organ in the body including the fat that bounces around too!!! Let you know how it works after about 20 days. Hopefully by the time I have to go see the Doctor, a few pounds will have been lost since the last time I saw him.

Well tonight is "Bachelor" and "Biggest Loser" have to record one of them, probably will be biggest loser as it is right by my stationary bike. So what would be natural but ride and watch BL at the same time...works for me.

Time to close, you all take care and keep warm  and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh!!!
cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a delicious smoothie! Chobani is sending me more yogurt next month - I need to branch out and make some different smoothies!

Stay warm!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails