Friday, August 3, 2012

Olympics, Pinterest and a Recipe 4 You

Another puppy picture for you. Whenever I see a puppy picture, they seem to always make me smile. Hope this one does for you too.

Been watching the Olympics on TV this past week, guess blogging and making cards have been put on the back burner for a while. Have some cards in the making but they are not finished as yet.

www.pinterest.com has been taking up alot of my time lately. But it is something I can do while watching the Olympics. Just love all the fascinating recipes you can find there. If you get a chance check out Pinterest and go to my Boards, I think you would just type in Louise Langefeld Gatti and be sure to "follow" me and do check out my stuff I have pinned. I tried a recipe out today, gosh was it ever good and very simple too!!! I love stringbeans so this caught my eye (and stomach), here is the recipe.

"Spicy Stir-Fried String Beans"
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1-2 teaspoons Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha
1 tablespoon  canola oil
1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds

1. Whisk water, soy sauce, cornstarch and hot sauce to taste in a small bowl.
2. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, ginger and garlic: cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture: cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are tender-crisp and coated with the sauce, 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Nutrition: per serving, 97 cal, 5 g Fat, 0 g Sat, 3 g Mono, 0 mg Cholesterol, 12 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Protein, 4 g Fiber, 285 mg Sodium, 208 mg Potassium,
1 Carbohydrate Serving, Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat

There you have it, really a great side dish to serve with fish or chicken (which is what we had tonight). Well I shall close this blog for tonight, you all have a great weekend and see you Monday, maybe I will have a card or two for this blog.

Cheers to you all and keep looking up for your redemption drawth nigh.
Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails