Monday, July 9, 2012

Flowers from my Garden in this HOT Weather!!

My perennial daisies are still doing well. Took this picture yesterday and was surprised to see they did pretty well during those hot days last week. I watered once or twice, giving them a little drink during those hot days. Their roots must go deep, they are planted in a low spot in the garden, so maybe the ground is still damp from the spring rains. Whoooooo knows, they are still looking good!!!
My Easter Lilly, sweet isn't she?? Planted her a couple of years ago and she has been faithful every year since to show herself off in my garden. I do have another Easter lilly that needs to be planted, probably will plant it in the fall or maybe in August, that will give it a good start. We will be sure to see the lillies next year around this time.
Below are my "maranda's" Looks like a choir of flowers, doesn't it? We sure did not plan it this way. They sure are amazing all at different levels so they all get the sun.
I got these flowers a couple of years ago from a lady here in Appleton. She has a beautiful flower garden with so many flowers.....she happened to be digging up these "Marandas" their other name is "Bee Balm" as they attract alot of bees, butterflies and humming birds. Both of which I have not seen much of.  They are starting to spread now and probably is time to thin them down....hope they take over the weeds so the weeds don't grow as much. 

Well, I am going to close this blog for today, I have some cards in the making, so I shall probably post those in the next few days. You all have a great day and keep looking up for your redemption drawth nigh.
Cheers to you this night ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails