Monday, March 5, 2012

Lollipops and Ancestors

Isn't Life Sweet??? Yep, today it is!!! Sun is shinning and the temps for today through Wednesday will be at least in the 40's-50's!!! Oh yeah, that is great for Wisconsin!!!! Snow melt, here we go.This cute little card came from a stamping magazine and I just could not resist making it. I thumb through magazines at the store, before buying, just to make sure there is something within the magazine that catches my eye that I would like to make. I'm pretty sure most everyone is like that. Why spend money for something you won't read or use????

Anyways, I had everything to make the card, my stamp is different though, but it goes with the theme. I used Shish-kabob sticks, but popsicle sticks could be used, I might try that also. The only thing that might be a hindrance in mailing this card is the stick, just might cost more in mailing, like maybe 20 cents more.

The circles were punched out with different multiple colors, trying to keep them within the color sequence. In my most recent cards, I have placed colored dots in the center....always adding to or embellishing something new on my cards.

This card could be a birthday for boys and girls or even adults........why not?!? Maybe a "thinking of you" or just a plan old "Hi how are you?" card. Ideas are endless in card making!!!

Been thinking of starting a scrapbook, just not sure of what, maybe old pictures of my mom and dad....I have very few of those pictures, (most were destroyed in floods) but what I do have should make a nice scrapbook. Been also thinking of my ancestry. My mom started a family tree which only went back to a couple of grandparents, guess that would be a good place to start.

I like watching a program on Friday nights "Who do you think you are" where they go back into the history of families and where they came from and who they were.......that is so interesting to me, would be neat to know where I came from and why I am who I am today. I am drawn to England, so I most definitely think I have English roots in me and German too. Someday I will find out who my ancestors are. My mother never spoke too much of them or of my father's family so there has always been a "question mark" in my life.

Well, I suppose I could ramble on, but I will stop here, have things to do around the house so you all keep looking up for your redemption draweth nigh.
Cheers ~ Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails