Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day.......and Chicken Soup.......

Today was Labor Day and I labored at Dollar General today doing the Switch out of Summer Promo Cards to CHRISTMAS, THANKSGIVING AND HALLOWEEN!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, is it that time already?

I met a little (about 4ft9" tall) old lady today, her name is Eileen and she is 85yrs old. She wanted to tell me about a card she bought a while back, it was called "A message from Heaven" and she felt her husband (who died 16 years ago) was speaking to her through it. She had gotten the last card and had hoped who ever ordered them would get some more. She was told at the checkout counter that I come in every Wednesday. Today she came in not knowing I was there and told me about the card. I said perhaps it was God speaking to her through the card and she said "oh yes" and I said God gave her a hug from her husband and she said "oh yes" from there we started talking about God. Turns out she is a bible scholar with a few degrees. It was quite the blessing to talk to her although I really did not have the time and had to get back to my work. It was one of those encounters that you just know it was God ordained and that I was supposed to be there today, not exactly sure why, but if it was just to be encouraged............it was well worth the time for me being at Dollar General laboring on Labor Day!!!!

It was also kind of nice to know that all my work is not in vain that someone actually got blessed by the cards I put up every week for the last couple of years.

Nothing else much happened today. Made some wonderful chicken soup today. Here is the recipe:
I baked one whole chicken in the oven with potatoes and carrots and Emeril seasonings for about 2 hours. We had a nice chicken dinner Friday night and Saturday. Then I turned what was left of the chicken into SOUP. Placing the rest of the carcus into a pot of hot water and cooked for a couple of hours, put in some Watkins chicken base soup, then let it cool down before putting in the refrig.

Tonight (Labor Day) I took the chicken out of the refrig and out of the pot. Deboned the chicken and put it back in the pot. Cut up one small zuccihni, carrots, added onion powder, paprika, and about 1/2 cup of spegetti sauce and some egg noodles and let cook for a bit, took off the burner and "wah la" a very tasty soup, JP really liked it alot............really have to remember that recipe.........well now its in my blog and will be archived............must change my title to........there....'Labor Day......and Chicken Soup..........." calorie wise......I don't know what the calories are, just too good to count.

Well, I think I will close this blog for today. Tomorrow is another day at Dollor General, have to do the audit on the reading glasses and sunglasses. And then on to exercise at "Inches A Weigh"......I am not too sure I lost any weight as I don't do alot of exercise on the weekends. Well, hopefully I will have lost a pound.

Have a good day................Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails