Saturday, July 28, 2018

Okay....Cards We Made at Betty's 13 Days Ago

Hi there everyone. Well, as my title says, okay, here are the cards we made at Betty's 13 days ago. Guess I am kinda slow at posting them. It's always a joy to go to Betty's and learn something new.
The top card was stamped with the flowers and the die cut lady bug is from a set Betty got from www.wish.com for just $1...I think she got a few other things along with this little guy. Cute as a bug, isn't it.
I Love Flamingos. This was fun to make. The card was sponged with blue ink for the sky and water. The Flamingos came in five pieces, so you had to match each piece in different colors, oh and get the beek right too.....I must have tried 3 times....this was one of those times, we needed a "Misti". The Flamingo turned out pretty good after a couple of tries.
This was a pretty fishy card....lol! We colored the fish with copic markers. The netting was stamped and a few gems to pop. The waves were from a patterned paper....looks almost real!!
This was an easy card....I really need to find me one of these die cut deer's, hopefully by Christmas so I can make a few of these cards. I have the trees and snowflakes and a die cut something like this one....just need the deer!!! I shall be on the hunt!!!

I've taken a week off from making cards....not sure why, for it is something I really enjoy. My yard keeps calling my name....there still is so much to do. I have been painting tires and planting things in them. Also, I transplanted a tomato plant for the 4th time....I am wondering if it will ever take root. We'll see, it's a Rutger, still has 2 months yet to grow. I still have not gotten all my garden animals out yet......

Can't believe there is only 3 days left in this month....where is this summer going to so fast!!! Well, I think I will close here, as there really is not much to talk about. Do you have times like that? Where there is not much going on to even do a blog??? I used to do a post every other day or so....now it's every week or so or more....

Oh well....keep looking up, better days are coming. 
Cheers ~ Louise

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Sometimes it is good to take a break from something no matter how much we love doing it. Your cards are lovely and that flamingo one really makes me think of Florida and smile.
Enjoy your yard and I hope your tomato takes off.
Have a great Sunday- xo Diana

Susie said...

Louise, I love all the cards. I know it must be a great time with your friends making them. I hope you make your cards and always one for yourself. You should keep a scrapbook of your work. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

The cards are beautiful and fun. I've wanted to try ordering from Wish.com as their prices are astounding! I may try it. The ladybug is so cute. You commented on my blog awhile ago and I did respond, but don't know if you got my response! I was going to email you my response but can't find your email anywhere here... so here is my reply!:::: Sorry it's so long but didn't know how else to be sure yo got it!

Hi...saw your comment on Connie's blog and thought I would stop by. Like the cards you have made and also the cards your blogger friend sent you...love creativity of others. Can always learn something new. Oh back yards....can be frustrating. We had a nice lawn in the back and front....wanted to get rid of the weeds and creeping charlie. Called the weed man.....he got rid of the creeping Charlie but now we have sparse grass with actual green moss growing in areas...course we have a big shade tree, they said that is the problem, but the tree did not hurt the grass before (we've been here 27 years now), guess they were looking for an excuse. I like those pictures of the gardens where they can't grow grass...that's a good idea to make rock gardens. I have a little pond with flagstone around it and red mulch....then a fire pit with red mulch and flowers growing around it. My firepit used to be my old garden, so much shade in the back yard, nothing grew. I still have much to accomplish in my yard...so much to do, so little time....right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails