Saturday, October 7, 2017

A "Making" Kind of Day

Hi there everyone. How is your Saturday going???? Thought I would take a minute or two to say HI....and just report I am in a "Making" kind of day. You say "What?" Yeah, so far I have:
  • Made a Rhubarb Pie
  • Making "Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja (Cuban Beef) in my Power Pressure XL. I had ALL the ingredients, so why not make it.
  • I also will be making my bed, changing sheets and putting a new foam mattress on it...hopefully that will feel better.
  • I will be making some dried tomatoes today.....green tomatoes this time. Have lots of green tomatoes that may not get a chance to turn red before the first frost.
  • I will be making a few cards tonight. I am hoping to get a card and note out to a "survivor of the mass killing" in Las Vegas today....have the note typed, just need to find a nice card and send it off to the Hospital.
  • Making some iced tea right now.

Yeah.....so much to do and so little time.
 Last week I made this lovely dish from Blue Apron "Seared Steaks and Roasted Potatoes with Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms" Gosh, this was good. I made two other meals from Blue Apron, but this is the only one I took pictures of.
I am in the midst of reading this book, "Killing England". If you love History, this is the book for you. I picked it up at Sam's Club after hearing about it on the Sean Hannity show. There are some really interesting facts....did you know George Washington had hemorrhoids and had to sit on a pillow while riding his horse. POOR MAN!!!! I feel for him. Back then, there was no Tucks or Preparation H!!!! Gosh, and I am sure he did not carry around Kleenex or toilet paper, not even the soft kind. What did they use back then....leaves, cotton material....ouch!!!! Poor George!!!

I am only in Chapter 1...so I am just beginning this journey. But so far it has been very interesting. Bill O'Reilly and his co-writer go into a lot of history, they go into the archives of many places, Valley Forge, Monticello, Mount Vernon and the Independence Hall to name a few places where they got information for this book.

The men and women of those times were fighting for their freedoms just as we are STILL fighting for our freedoms now.....nothing new under the sun is there????

Well, I better go, or I will not get all the things done that I want to and will have to carry over to Sunday. Have a great day and keep looking up.....better days really are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You are a lady of action today, Louise. Good for you. All I did was run with kids all day long. Love them but I don't get anything done on those days.

You dinner looks and sounds delicious,Louise. What fun that Blue Apron has been for you.

Hope you get your card made tonight. I am calling it an early night and going to just relax (for a change). Have a great rest of the weekend- xo Diana

Brenda in IN said...

Sounds like you are a whirl wind today. That's a good thing when you have all that energy and keep at it. Meal sounds good and you are getting a lot out of your cooking pot. Hope JP's test came out well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails