Thursday, January 10, 2013

Icicle's and Smoothies

Icicle's hanging out the back of our house. I took this picture from inside the kitchen window. 
Here you can see the icicle's dripping from the gutters. We're suppose to get some rain in the next few days. Hope we don't have "leaking roof" problems.

Well, I have been on the hunt for some smoothie recipes. Found a couple that I would like to try.
Had decided that I was going to do a smoothie a day (to keep the doctor away...lol). I make smoothies for JP everyday....do you think I would make one for myself??? NOT!! But I guess I shall change that and start making one.
The Doctor's office called today,
they want to check my blood and see what my numbers are for the AC-1~3 month check up.
That can be a real motivator to get me going on some kind of diet....
nothing seems to be working for me at this point.
Watching the salt in-take, sugar grams, carbohydrates, drinking more water, less coffee,
more exercise, ride the bike...etc. Sometimes I get frustrated and have a "fat day" and just want to EAT!!
No fun getting older and even harder to lose a few pounds as we age.
Maybe I should go to the Mall and walk around.
PROBLEM.....I need money, cause I would be wanting to shop and stop and look at things.
Something to think about though, I sure do feel better after coming back from a shopping errand.....where I have be doing a lot of walking. Maybe I should keep "walking at the Mall" in mind for 2013.

SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Orange Dreamcicle
1 navel orange (bought some cuties, no seeds)
1 cup of skim milk or vanilla yogurt
1/4 teasp vanilla
4-6 small ice-cubes
(I think I might add 1/2 banana and some spinach)

Well time to close this blog for a few days. It's 2:23 am and time to hit the pillows. You all take care and keep looking up for your redemption draws nigh.
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! I have a really bad blender, but I got a gift certificate for Christmas that I might buy one of those personal size blenders. Hopefully this weekend!

Hope your A1C numbers are good - let me know!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Biz....yes, will let you know what the A1C is when I find out. I am looking at getting a Nutri-Bullet this time around $100 at Target, may be a while, in the mean time I have a Gormet bullet that works fine for now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails