Sunday, August 18, 2019

My Favorite Sport 2 Watch

Hi there everyone. Hope you are having a good August. Well, it's been 2 weeks since I last posted. Thought it was about time to do something. No new pictures of cards or the gardens...been a little laxed in taking pictures. Guess I will have to get on the wagon again pretty soon.

I know this may not be an interesting post for you....but it is for me. I love hockey....maybe if more people would watch hockey there would be less problems in this world, it's an exciting game to watch and easy to follow. Just follow that puck and you get the idea of what the game is about. Baseball is so slow moving, football is pretty slow too....but hockey, man, down the ice and back, score a goal and hit a player so much action going on!!! Yeah, I like hockey best of all. 

I have been a fan 57 years. My first taste of Hockey was through my stepfather, he had season tickets to the Chicago Blackhawks in 1962.....back then there was Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Chico Maki, Moose Vasko, Reggie Fleming to name a few favorites. We went to every game for almost 6 years. Loved, loved loved the game.
My life changed a bit after I started Beauty School and then left home, getting my first job and an apartment. No more hockey games. Not even sure the games were on TV at that time....I kept track of the Hawks via the newspapers and such. I met JP in '71 and he was into stock car racing. I guess my interests changed and was into stock car racing till 1973 when JP and I got married and he retired from racing. Did I do that???
1976 we moved up to Ladysmith on our 20 acres and raised cows, chickens, ducks, rabbits, cats and dogs. I lost track of the Hawks. We had NO TV for 10 years.....how in the world I did that, I do not know. 1987 we moved to Appleton, but still no TV for awhile. Finally in '92 I got a TV with rabbit ears......nope, no Hockey yet. I missed being able to watch the Stanley Cup Finals 2010, 2013, 2015. FINALLY 2016 brought Hockey into my house!!!! FINALLY I could watch the Blackhawks again!!!!
      The above picture was taken off the TV, March 25, 2019. 
Yep....Fear the Feathers....I think this year will be the year that brings another Stanley Cup....I am hoping, that would be great. 4 Stanley Cups in 10 years. Would that make history for the Chicago Blackhawks!!!!???
This is a shot from the TV. It's an old picture. 2 of the players in this shot are on different teams. Panarin, a winger is with the NY Rangers now. and Hjalarson is with the Coyote's...he was a good Defense player. Hopefully with all the trades this season we will have a good defense again.
This is the Blackhawks hat I want to buy before the season starts....hopefully. Or if another hat catches my eye, I will buy that one.

So now I have had Directv and now Spectrum and I can now get Hockey on TV and if I can't get it on TV, I can get the games on the computer. There is a site that shows all the home and away games of the Blackhawks and those of the other teams. I have no excuses now. Of course I can spend $40+ to get hockey on TV and that would include home and away....not affordable at this time.
So there you have it....if you do not see many posts from me starting in September you will know I am somewhere out there in Hockey land. You all take care and keep looking up.....better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

6 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

You are a loyal fan for following them for so many years. I am that way about football. I love watching Purdue and the Colts and whoever they are playing but I do love the NFL.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....thanks for stopping by. I should be a Packer fan being in WI....but would rather watch Hockey. NFL season only lasts now till the superbowl. NHL lasts Sept to June if your team makes it to the Stanley Cup finals. A much longer season. But both are fun to watch and do cards with....lol.

Jill said...

I'm still stuck on the no TV for 10 years!! Wow, that's incredible! :-) I always liked hockey too as I feel it is a real challenge, but I haven't watched it in years. Hope your week is off to a great start!

Blessings,
Jill

Susie said...

Oh I love the baby poster. My grandson-in-law and the great grands like the Blackhawks too. Football is way too long. But I still love to hear a bat crack that ball in baseball. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jill....thanks for stopping by. I have tried leaving comments on your blog but have not seen them published. So I figured there was a glitch with google. I do visit you all the time. Yeah, 10+ years without TV was a long time, it was my husbands desire. I went along with for awhile then put my foot down. Ridiculousness. Missed hockey.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....thanks for stopping by. That's neat that your grand kids like hockey. My father was a White Sox fan for a very long time, so I heard the games on radio a lot growing up. Yeah, sometimes those bat cracks and home runs are so few and far in between....but at least there is action going around the bases. I listen to the Brewers now and then when nothing else is on the radio.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails