Friday, June 14, 2019

It's About Time???

Hi there everyone...whom ever you may be. The title says, "It's about time???" What does that mean, you might say??? Well, I guess it means....it's about time I did a new post, the last one was in May and my street was being torn up, things are more calmer now. The hole was covered up and the City laid black top down where the sidewalk was. It will be torn up again next Spring!!! 

I found out the cost for us this year.....are you sitting down??? We will have to come up with another $1,560.00 for this session...who knows how much it will be next year. I still have one more month to come up with $434.00 for taxes this year...geez, the City must think we have a money tree in our back yard.....I wish we did. Not exactly sure where we will come up with this extra $1,560.00 this year. We have been told we can either pay the whole amount in one lump sum, have the amount added to our taxes next year OR make 5 easy payments a month....that would be $315.00 a month along with all the other bills???  Paying this off will have to be a miracle from God!!!!

Well, enough of my tale of woes.....some how, some way, it will be taken care of. 

In this post I am showing you some of the cards I made for Hospice. Here are my 4th of July cards...they were fun to make. I inked the embossing folder, put the card stock in the folder and ran it off in my cuttlebug. So the background is colored and the fireworks are still white. Added a few gems and penned in the stars in gold.
I really love this die cut....so pretty. I received the die cut from my "secret stamper" and turned it into this lovely card.....makes for a nice thank you card.
My secret stamper also sent me this 3D rose background. I loved it so much I had to have this folder for my own collection. I used the same technique as I did for the fireworks card....sure do like the effect it gives. So many different ways to use this folder.....stay tuned for more ideas.
Here again.....my new secret stamper sent me this background. I added the butterflies, gems and Thinking of you verse....another easy peasy card.
I picked up these gold tags at Hobby Lobby on their discount rack, I figured I could find some use for them....here's what I did, ran it through the 3D rose folder....and made this very simple card.
So there you have it, a few cards for Hospice. Our next meeting won't be until September 6th....so hopefully I will have a good 50-60 cards made by then. We get the summer off from Hospice. Will give me more time for playing in my gardens. 

If this rain would stop, I could plant a few more seeds. I do have my tomato plants and zucchini plants planted along with radishes, lettuce, beans and cucumber. Planted some flower seeds too, zinnias, marigolds, inpatients and wild flowers for the butterflies. So, we shall see what grows and doesn't grow. 

Time to close here....you all have a great June. This next week, Kylie has a grooming appointment...she always feels good after her shower and shave. Tuesday I go for my 2nd vitamin B-12 shot and Thursday I have an appointment for a mammogram....ouch, don't like those tests. Summer begins on the 21st....how fast this year is flying!!!

Have a great evening and keep looking up, better days are coming!!
Cheers - Louise

2 comments:

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Praying with all my heart and soul for that financial miracle you folks need! So sorry you must go through this. Meanwhile, I've got to say how much I admire your card work - you do such beautiful and artistic work! Hugs and prayers.

Susie said...

Louise, I am so sorry about all the money woes. Ted and I have had a very miserable year of finanaces and hospitals. I pray for you. I love your pretty cards. So nice you enjoy that crafting. Wishing you so much my friend. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails