Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Wishing You A Happy Valentine's Day

Hi there everyone. Here is a Happy Valentine's Day bouquet of flowers to you all. These flowers were last year's blooms. No flowers this year, not affordable. Guess I would rather have a steak or something delicious. Flowers are nice to look at, but you can't eat them....so last year's model will have to do.
I did make an Apple Pie for JP tonight for Valentine's, I am sure his eyes will bug out like...WOW A PIE!!! The pie will probably be gone in a couple of days. He says, "don't want it to go to waste"...that won't happen, not in this house....lol!
This is relatively an easy pie to put together. The recipe comes from Door County's "Wagon Trail Resort" cook book. I will find the link to the Wagon Trail....maybe someday you might want to visit, looks like a wonderful place to stay at.

APPLE PIE
2/3 cup sugar (I used Stevia)
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. flour or tapioca (I used flour)
cinnamon and nutmeg (as much as you want)

Heap apples in an 8 or 9 inch pie plate. Quantities of other ingredients depends on how many apples you used. Dot with butter.

(I used a pie crust already made, dumped apples in dish and covered with a crumble of melted butter, flour and stevia. Mixed it together and spread over the pie. As you can see in the above picture. This is my favorite way to make pies.)

There were no instructions as to what the temperature was to use and how long. So I went with 400 degrees and 45 minutes. Oh, and I did add a handful of raisins to the recipe.

So there you go....hope you enjoy. JP enjoyed it, as did I. One of my better pies.

You have a great Valentine's Day, hope you get some love. Keep looking up cause better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Flowers are beautiful--but you can't eat them! lol My girls both worked in the bakery at the Wagon Trail in Door Co. Their littlest girl, Angela, was the flower girl in my daughter's wedding. We spent a lot of time up there. I hope you have a great weekend, Louise! xo Diana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails