Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Few Cards For Hospice

Hi there everyone. Well it has been awhile, been missing since February 13th....thought I would be back sooner. But you know, sometimes I just don't have much to talk about. I know a lot of blogs I read....there is something going on everyday. Me....not so much, I am guessing this is just a small lull in my life. Maybe when Spring comes around, I will be more active. 

Card making has been at a minimum lately. It's been like a whole month that I even went downstairs to make a card or two. Have not felt very inspired I guess. So today, I went downstairs to get some cards ready for Hospice tomorrow. I had a bunch made, but last month I did not make it to Hospice meeting....weather was bad and we could not get the car started....we needed a new battery to the tune of $179...just what we needed, but where can you go without a car now a days....no place.
So the above cards are some I made today....easy peasy kind of cards. Just embossed with the Cuttlebug. Stamped the saying and used Speckles to color in the middle of the Daisy. This card can be most any card you want. Turned these cards into Thank You's.
The cards above and below....I made these last month. Embossed with the Cuttlebug, then I covered it with black ink then clear embossing powder and heated with a heat gun. The technique is called "Black Ice". I used gold card stock and red card stock. Using the same embossing folder for both. I added a few gems to all the cards along with a ribbon and Thank You tag.
The cards below, were cards I made with the Stampin' up club kits I was getting once a month from Stampin'up. Cute cards, everything is in the box to make 8 cards. You can use their ideas or come up with your own ideas. I chose to use their ideas. I decided not to get the kits anymore....$20 a month, became to costly.
Again, here are a few more cards using the daisy embossing folder.....using the Thinking of You verse. Easy, peasy simple card to make. Need to make some more of these cards to have for extras.
Well that about covers it for now. This weekend I need to start working on income tax....(not a favorite project.....BUT I have to think, the refund will help us quite a bit.) Since JP went part time in August, we have been living on the edge and just barely getting the bills paid. Oh well, I pray every night....."Give us THIS Day, our Daily Bread" and God has been faithful by helping us daily to get through....with a roof over our head, food on the table, clothes on our back, a car to drive. We are rich then most, so I better NOT complain!!!

You all have a great Month of March....I may be back for a few posts....but then again, I may not. I am thinking of taking a "Hiatus" for a couple of months until something exciting happens. So in the mean time, keep looking up cause better days are coming ~ for sure!!! Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise,
pretty cards as usual.:)
oh yes am anious for spring and the outdoors too
this has been a long snowy winter here
but I find things to do indoors...we have to to stay sane
lol
hugs,patty

Brenda in IN said...

Great cards as always, Louise. I really love the daisy cards. I think I even have that embossing folder but don't remember making a card with it. Thanks for the reminder. Just because we are posting about our lives doesn't mean they are exciting. I spend a lot of time on the phone with people straightening things out that went wrong. Or paying bills, or going to exercise. Just boring every day things in life like laundry, cooking and watching TV. Your life is the very same as all of us. Don't be discouraged. Spring will be here soon. The sun makes everything better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails