Saturday, September 15, 2018

Here We Are....Two Weeks Into September!!!

Hi there everyone. What can I say.....I guess my blogging has been lacking lately. Not much happening, but then, a lot has in small ways. Least we are not facing hurricanes and typhoons and fires. Here, it's lots of rain, heat and lots of mosquito's that seem to find me no matter where I am. That's one good thing about winter, NO MOSQUITO'S!!!!

So JP lost some hours at work, which means finances have been a little tricky of late. I had to sell some old gold and silver jewelry  left by my grandmothers, mother and myself. Total income this time around was $315 which will go partially towards paying the rest of our house taxes. Then, we start all over again next January 31st 2019.

My doggie, Kylie has not been feeling well lately. I am so afraid that I will have to have her put down. I don't want to....God, could she just die in her sleep???? Not sure what is wrong...she is going on 14 years...hope it is old age. Now why, do we put dogs down and not people??? I asked my Vet that question, she said, because we care more for our animals then we do people!!!

Next Saturday, we are having company from Chicago. JP's brother and SIL...they usually take us out to eat, we visit a bit and then they leave late afternoon, so they are home for the evening....it's a "Kwik Trip" like the gas station. If you live in this area, you would know what I mean. We probably won't go out to eat though and just may order out and have it delivered to our front door. I am going to order a Pumpkin Cream Pie from Schwan's, which looks delicious....I always have the dessert.

Some good news, poundage wise, I have lost 30 lbs since last July 2017. Losing has been a very long and slow process....still have much to lose. My blood sugars have been much, much better. Hopefully I can eliminate the pills after a 50 -75 lb. loss. I am still doing the Atkins/keto diet which has proven to work the best for me. I have to admit though, I don't make it a religious thing, as there are some days I eat potato chips and popcorn, oh, and tater tots too. But pretty much stay close to eating the right things.

Well, I guess that is about all that is going on this month....and there is still 2 weeks left to go. So I thought I better put some cards up, as this is a "Card Blog" so following are some cards I made at Betty's last month....just a little slow in posting. Our next meeting will be this next Wednesday already....time flies when we are having fun???? Card making on my own has been at a minimal....as I have not been in much of a mood....need some inspiration, that's why I like to go to Betty's....there is always something that gets my juices flowing.
So this was a fun card to make, I actually made quite a few of these cards for Hospice. Birthday, Thanks and Thinking of you. I have the stamp set and the background stamp....so yeah, I think this will be my "go to" card for everything....easy and fast to make.
This was a fun card to make, punched out owls. We made the branches for the owls to sit on then pieced together the owls. Bright and colorful.
This was a pretty card. The flowers were embossed. The background???? You know, I forgot what we did. I shall have to ask, was it water color??? Anyways, it turned out really pretty.
This card was stamped and embossed, we colored it in with copic markers and sponged in the blue sky and water. Stamping the birds and verse. Betty always has the pieces cut, so we just have to piece it all together.
Thought you would like to see a few cucumbers growing in my garden....gosh these cucs made a great salad and tasted so good....just wish I had more.....maybe next year.

Well time to close here, you all take care and have a great couple of weeks. I may be back before the month is over....depends. Keep looking up, better days are coming!!! Cheers ~ Louise

5 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, Good for you losing weight. Proud of you. Honey it just seems some times we can never get ahead It's always something squeezing our pocketbooks. Do you sell your cards you make? Maybe you could make up some all occasion cards, to sell. I think that any home grown fresh food taste better than any from the stores. Take care, Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
p.s. so sorry your dog is not well. Maybe it's the heat.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....Thanks on the weight. Yes, I have sold my cards...I was on Etsy for 10 1/2 years and had only 67 sales. I do sell to friends and such. But I just don't make that much to sustain and pay for expenses. I could try and sell on my blog, maybe put something together with a price....we will see. Thanks for stopping by.

Jill said...

Sorry to hear about your financial troubles and having to sell some things. I hope things get better for you soon. Poor Kylie, I do hope also feels better and you have her around longer! They are such a big part of our lives. Great job losing 30 pounds!! That is wonderful! Not always easy either, I am working on that myself. Cards a re absolutely beautiful! I hope you have a great week.

Blessings,
Jill

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jill....here's hoping things do get better and I can manage to stay the budget. Kylie had a scary moment last week but bounced back. Thanks on the cards and diet.

Logan Myers said...

This was a llovely blog post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails