Monday, July 16, 2018

Last Month's Card Making @ Betty's

Hi there everyone...yes that is right, these are the cards we made at Betty's last month....I guess I am a little behind, as this Wednesday is another session of card making....my how time flies. I have not figured out where this year is going? Going so, so fast. Haven't even finished my outside work yet. Tomorrow, it's suppose to be a little bit cooler, so I might do some stuff outside, like paint another tire and plant my Popcorn Hosta in it....yes, I am still planting things. 

Need to start another row of lettuce soon, gosh the lettuce I planted in the spring was good, a little sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, stevia...makes a good dressing along with cherry tomatoes and radishes from the garden....heaven!!!!!
So these are some of the cards we made last month...I even took pictures of them right after I made them. To make sure I would post them right away....nope, that did not happen. I like the verse, "I hope thistle cheer you up." with purple thistles in the jar colored with copic markers. Cute, cute.
Cute little possum laying on a hammock, colored with copic markers.
This ladybug was fun to make. Betty said she saw a sample of it on Pinterest and duplicated it....I do that a lot....I see a card I like and duplicate it with the stamps I have on hand...never quite looks the same....but close.

When I used to be a hairdresser, I could duplicate hairdo's. The lady would come in with a picture of what she wanted to look like and I almost always would come close. Of course it always depended on the head of hair I was working on. If the picture of the lady had real thick hair, the lady wanting that hairdo had thin, fine hair.....would be kinda hard to make it look like the picture....but I tried to please.
You probably recognize this card, as it is my header card...I thought this was a very pretty card. In order to duplicate this card I would need the die cut of the tree....the trees in the back ground were stamped and embossed then the tree was dabbed with brown and black to make it look like a birch tree. All was done on iridescent paper to give it that shine.

I just got done cutting JP's hair, he was getting pretty shaggy. Gave him a pretty short hair cut, using the clippers and trimmed his beard too...this cut should last till about September or October....he has had free haircuts since 1971, when we first met and he has never tipped me....HA....cheap, cheap!!!!!

UPDATE: Sitting at my computer and noticed $2 by the lamp...I said, "what is this for?" JP says, "it's your tip!" Oh my goodness, my first tip from him in 47 years!!!

Oh, I need to tell you....I have been dieting for over a year, watching and writing the things I put in my mouth....yeah, it's been tuff, but I am glad to say as of today....I have lost 26 lbs....it's been a very slow process. But, hey, I did not put it on fast.....it was a slow process of gaining a pound here and there. I am hoping to eventually eliminate all these pills I am taking for diabetes and high blood pressure. The Doctor says he wants to see "less of me" at my next visit. Meaning he wants to see me weighing less then what I have....I think I might be able to accomplish that....at this point.

Lately I have been making Dr. Atkin's shakes in the morning and it seems to hold me over till the evening....I will take it. The shakes are so delicious, I put a half frozen banana and handful of frozen strawberries, a few ice cubes and the shake....mix it up in my blender and "wa-la" a delicious, thick shake that I have to use a spoon with....soooooo good.

Well, it is time to make JP's lunch as he will be leaving for work in about an hour and half. Talk to you all later, keep looking up as better days are coming....you just watch!!!! Cheers ~ Louise

3 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, I love your cards. The tree card is the cutest. Of course that ladybug would be a hit with a young one. I laughed about your hubby not tipping. I have been cutting Ted's hair with a Flowbe for about 20 years. LOL Saving him money every month. I did not get all I wanted done by this time either. It's too hard to get it done when it's way too hot to work outdoors. Blessings, stay cool. xoxo, Susie

Connie said...

First of all your cards are adorable, I really like the ladybug . . . so cute:) I just pulled up all my green beans today and plan on planting a second crop tomorrow. I don't think they like the heat, so it will be nice to have a fall crop.
I cut Steve's hair too and have been since we married back in 1976. He's cheap as well, never a tip :) I couldn't believe how you calculated all those days of packing lunch . . . wow . . . I think I deserve a medal, LOL. It is going to be nice having him home, and he has been so relaxed, he was carrying around stress that he didn't even know that he had, until retiring.

NanaDiana said...

The cards are really cute and the birch tree looks like it requires a lot of work. LOL about you getting a tip after all these years.
I haven't done nearly as much as I would like to this summer. Life just moves along so fast doesn't it?
Good or you for losing the weight- I know it is not easy to do. I have never tried Atkin's shakes but I was on Atkins for almost a year at one point and lost a lot of weight. I did keep most of it off but could now stand to lose about 30 pounds. xo Diana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails