Saturday, June 2, 2018

Some Donated Cards for Hospice

Hi there everyone. Hope you had a great Saturday.....I did, although Saturday's go much too fast! The weather was much cooler today and much more comfortable. As I get older, warm, warm weather bothers me more and more, as does cold weather. Wish there was a happy medium, don't you??? I do like the 4 seasons, but not so hot and not so freezing cold. Guess Spring and Fall is my kind of weather....wonder where that is???
So the following pictures are cards I made for Hospice this past Friday (June 1st). The cards above are my 4th of July cards. Which were fun to make. I used a technique I found just recently using Sakura Cray-pas.  Using a star, draw a line where you want color, then using your finger, spread the color over the card stock. Depending how much color or how little color depends how heavy you press the cray-pa. Then after I got the affect I wanted, then layed the star down and stamped with another star. Added silver stars and a Happy 4th of July stamp.
This is a neat card....these were the only 3 I made....really need to make more. The leaves are a die cut. The back grounds.....the top left was a Brusho painted background, using different colored crystals and water. The top right, is patterned paper. Now, the bottom card...which is the prettiest, honestly forgot how I made it. Sorry!!!
These cards are flowers that were pasted onto velum, very simple cards. The Happy Birthday is embossed on velum and glued on the card.
Here again, Sakura Cray-pas. Using the same technique of rubbing the cray-pas onto the card stock, this is the affect I got. For sure I will be making more of these cards.
These cards are from my stampin'up June card kit. Fun to make, and all the papers, ink and stamps are in the kit to make 8 cards. These were the two styles for this month. I am thinking of canceling my subscription....I have about 6 kits I have not touched, so I am sure I have enough card making along with a few other ideas for cards I want to try making......will keep me busy for the summer along with my gardening.
Watching Hockey right now....Washington Capitals and Vegas Golden Knights. I thought I was rooting for the Knights.....but I like the Capitals also....they are both good teams....BUT....the Capitals have yet to win a Stanley Cup. I have been known to be for the under-dog. I guess this is one of those times. I like Alex Ovechkin the captain for the Capitals...he would like to be the first Russian Captian to win a Stanley Cup....that would be fun to see.

The Capitals just scored, it's 2-0......GO CAPITALS!!!!! But you know, if Vegas wins....it won't be such a bad thing. Both teams have great stories behind them. The next game is Monday, June 4th. Stay tuned.

Don't have much planned for this next week, but that could get filled up in no time. It's time to get things done in my gardens and get my ceramic animals out of the shed in between the mosquito bites. Just as soon as I get bite, I hightail it into the house and spread Icyhot cream on the bites....that soothes the itch and pain away after 5 minutes, must buy another tube soon.

Well, I think I will close this post for tonight, there is one more period left and I want to give full attention to it.....it may be a rough and tumble game. You all have a great weekend and keep looking up....better days are coming, here, there, or in the air!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

PS....Washington Capitals won 3-1 GO CAPS!!!!

5 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I know what you mean about the heat and cold. I have been exceptionally cold this year and the humidity really bothers me too. I looked up that new to me product Sakura Cray-pas. It does sound easy the way you used it and the cards are pretty.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....I am thinking of getting a new set and my cray-pas are over 25-30 years old and only 6 colors with one missing. So a set of 12-16 would be fine with me. I imagine there are a whole lot of other things you can do with cray-pas.

Connie said...

I love that you make cards for Hospice. They are such a great organization, my sister was receiving Hospice care before she lived and they were so caring and helpful. Good to hear that you are not going to let the Blogger changes stop you from blogging. Hopefully things will be just fine :)
Have a sweet weekend.
Connie :)

MaryH said...

What a wonderful stash of pretty cards you've created. I really like those stars. I don't know what the Cray-pa is, so guess I'll have to do like Brenda in In and go do some research. YOu did a fine job with these designs. Loved your idea of the pretty flowers on vellum too. Your kit cards look pretty nifty as well. You have a really good supply on hand with all your efforts. I'll agree about the hot & cold. I have respiratory issues, so the cold penetrates the passages in the lungs, and burns. In the heat, you feel like you're stifling or suffocating. So spring & fall are good, if you don't mind the pollen and things blooming! Have a good week. TFS & Hugs

MaryH said...

In answer to your question about UTEE: It's Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. It's a older embossing powder, and you can find it in Hobby Lobby (although I think it's called something else now). What I have is by Ranger, and it's a chunky sort of powder that embosses to a sheer coat. It's like clear embossing in effect, but a thicker layer. If that makes sense. I usually use the clear, but it comes in pearl, other colors. It was one of the first embossing powders I got when I started this hobby, and at the time everyone was using it. Now I don't think it is that much in use. When you see the crackled effect on some images, where you put the UTEE, then you can put it in the freezer for 5 minutes, then break it apart with your hands, that's what does that look. I used it on this card(http://carolinacardsbymaryh.blogspot.com/2018/05/happy-birthday-flower.html) to make the crackle finish. Hope I explained it so that it makes sense. You can google Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel and probably find some good explanations! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails