Monday, April 23, 2018

Cards I Made the Other Night

Hi there everyone. Thought it was time to change the winter scenes....to something Spring-like!!! The weather is beautiful outside...sunny and in the 60's. It actually feels WARM and I turned down the heat in the house. Maybe I should bring the fan up from downstairs. Was looking at air-conditioners today at Walmart....guess I must save my pennies for a new one this summer. Our old air conditioner conked out, it never really cooled down the room and then it started spitting at me. So, I think it is time for a new one.
I made these Spring like cards last week. Need to make more....they were a very easy process and fun to make.
First I stamped the "Thinking of You" and "Happy Birthday" then taped the verses with painters tape.
Next step was to ink the top and bottom of the card with Distress ink....any colors you might have, after I got the desired look, I then sprinkled the cards with water to get the water spots. Dabbed with a paper towel to pick up the water. Let them dry for awhile.
I had these flowers already colored. The flower is from Stampin'up, I fussy cut out each flower. Each petal, I drew lines and colored in the tips of each petal with an ink pen. Then took copic markers and finished the petals off with different colors that would coordinate with the colored card.
WA-LA....a very lovely card. Think I will make some more like these for Hospice. I have two weeks to get about 60 cards done and 20 favors for Fathers day. There's still time.

Yesterday I went to a Revealing Party. For 6 months I took part in a secret stamping group. You send 12 images, could be a stamped, die cut or back ground to the name you received. Then make 2 cards with that image, one for your self and one for the person you sent the images to. Someone has your name and has done the same. So I came home with 6 cards from the lady I sent images to and 6 cards from the lady that had my name. Making sense much???

When I get the pictures taken of the cards, I will put them on my blog. My card and the other ladies take on the image sent and vise versa. I should add, that the reveal party was at a new stamping store in Neenah, and we could buy anything we wanted and get 10% off....dangerous place for me to go. Yes, I bought something, musical notes for another card I am making.

Well time to close here, JP just left for his job. I got our dinner planed out.....spare ribs in the pressure cooker....they turn out soooo good. Talk to you later...have a great night and keep looking up, better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

10 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

All these cards are really pretty...great colors!

JD/ Jill said...

Forgot to tell you thank you for your nice comments and for becoming my newest follower...I am not following you too! Hope you have a great week!

Brenda in IN said...

This post is so much better than your last one of all that snow! Your cards are so pretty and I can't wait to see the ones from your secret group.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jill....thanks on the cards.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jill, again.....you are welcome on the comments, like your cards. Not sure if you are or aren't following....but that's okay. Have a great day!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda....a big difference between night and day. The snow pictures are so bleak and the flowers so perky!!! Pictures coming soon.

MaryH said...

Gosh, what a weather change from your heavy snow to 60 degrees and spring cards! Bet you are happy to be looking at a/c, rather than a new furnace. I love the technique you've described here for all of these pretty cards. What a lovely assortment you've created, and seems to be a process you could easily assembly line. Looking forward to the cards from your secret pal too. Have a nice evening. TFS

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

They say, "Don't blink, the weather can change that fast in Wisconsin!" We are in Spring now and the snow is melting quickly...yay for that!! No kidding, don't want furnace problems in the middle of winter. Yes, they were fun cards to make. Cards are coming from the Secret pal...maybe in a couple of days.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Forgot to say....Hi Mary....that little note above is for YOU!!!

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Those are so pretty! You do lovely work... they will make someone smile for sure...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails