Sunday, January 21, 2018

Still Taking Some R&R

Hi there everyone. Yes....I am still fighting the flu....but getting better. Actually made some dinner tonight. Haven't really felt like eating, so JP has had to fend for himself. One good thing about this flu, lost some weight. Hooray for that!!! Now if I can just keep it off and keep going at this pace!!

I did go out to the store Saturday, JP drove me there. I had two sales this past week, one on Etsy and one through JP's work. That was a totally good surprise. The sale on Etsy was a surprise too, but having to pack the figurine and waiting to see if the transaction was deposited in my account took most of the week. Then take the item to the post office. I didn't want to wait too long on getting the item out, it was going down to Texas and was a gift for the buyers friend. 

My little excursion on Saturday, did take it's toll....sure was pooped by the time I got home. Bought something at the buffet so I did not have to cook. Kylie needed some food, JP needed his fruit, plus a few other things were needed. I think I slept a couple of hours after shopping.

Well, all went well and the package is off and will meet it's destination on Wednesday. Hopefully the buyer is happy with her purchase.
The above card is another look at the stamp I bought from Altenew. I am not quite sure how this card was done....maybe watercolors. I really like this peony and can't wait to play with it.

I probably will get a chance this week, as our Hospice meeting is this Friday and I need to get at least 50 cards put together before then. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. But then, I work better with deadlines....don't know why. Sometime my best work comes out of a deadline.

I am still going to take it easy this week though....R&R....is the word for this week. "Rest and Recuperation." Hopefully by Friday this flu thing will be over with. But now I think JP is coming down with it......hope we don't share it back and forth. 

Guess I will close this post.....just rambling on and on. You all take care of yourselves and keep looking up, better days are coming!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry you have had the flu. It's a bad one and John has been busy ministering to people in the hospital that are suffering and actually in hospital because of the flu. That is a beautiful card you are going to work on.

Have a good week and don't kill yourself trying to get that many cards done. 50 cars is a lot to have to make!

Here's hoping hubby does not get the flu and that you are soon completely well. xo Diana

Brenda in IN said...

Be sure to take care of yourself with this flu. It is nasty and if you need to to to the doctor, do it. It is taking forever for me to bounce back and I'm tired all the time. Just rest and get well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails