Saturday, January 6, 2018

A New Year ~ What Will Transpire??

Hi there everyone. How is your New Year going so far?? Already it is January 6th.....where oh where did that time go??? I took down 1/2 my Christmas stuff. I still have my village up and my little table top Christmas tree is now decorated for Valentine's Day. I found some red Christmas decorations at Walmart at 50% off. I could not resist. Red snowflakes, a red butterfly and two red hummingbirds. Sweet. I still have to finish decorating the tree with a few more things, beads, bows and bulbs. I will take a picture when finished.

I have an apple pie in the oven right now. I can hardly wait to try it. It's called "Apple Crumb Cheesecake Pie" I am going to see if I can get the video up on this post. Nope...no video. But here is a picture of the cake/pie.
 Well, I just had a piece of pie with a small scoop of vanilla Geleto ~ YES this is worthy of making again and again. It was simple to make. I used a Pillsbury pie crust. Made the cheese spread with 1-8 oz package of cream cheese, softened. 1/4 cup sugar and 1 large egg and beat together. This mixture is then spread on the unbaked pie crust.

The apple pie filling. 6 cups of apples, peeled and diced and 2 T. lemon juice poured over the apples so they don't brown (I used frozen apples, no need for lemon juice). 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cornstarch, 1 t ground cinnamon, 1/4 t nutmeg, 1/4 t. salt 1 cup water.

Stir together the sugars, cornstarch, spices and salt in a sauce pan, whisk in the water until everything is dissolved. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer till thickened.  Add the apples then increase the heat to medium, cook and stir together for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool. 

The directions say to refrigerate the filling in an airtight container for 4-6 hours to thicken. But I poured the mixture over the cheese right away. Did not seem to affect the pie any.

The crumb topping is 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup quick cooking oats, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 t. cinnamon, 1/4 t. nutmeg, 2 T melted butter. Mix altogether till crumbled and spread on top of the apples.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. DELICIOUS !!

 How do you like these Valentine cards, I found them on Pinterest. I think I will make a few of these to send to the nephews and nieces. LOL....I think they are cute!! I do have PLENTY of eyes.

Funny cards above....kids will love them.

This heart with one eye is cute, I am trying to figure out how to put this one together. I do have that stamp..."I've got my eye on You" I have a few weeks to play with it though.

I guess I am going to start working on our income tax. We got our work sheets from the accountant today. So, the sooner I get them done the sooner we might have a refund. I just have to get my rear in gear and motivate myself to do it.

We have quite a few Doctor appointments coming up in the next couple of months for both JP and I. Why does it seem the older we get the more the Doctors want to see our bodies. I don't remember seeing the Doctor that much in my 30's and 40's, maybe for only the annual exam...oh well, I guess they have to eat too. JP always says that. And I say, yeah, but not on my nickle!!! Boo, bad sport!!

We ended 2017 with car problems, the car was leaking antifreeze. Took it in, JP thought the clamps needed to be tightened, they did that, but it still leaked. So we started 2018 with car problems. On  Friday, JP took the car back in and it was decided we needed a new water pump. The water pump was on warranty, which saved some money. So we just have to pay for labor. Whew, glad it was not more then $100.

Since I do not have a crystal ball, I cannot say what will transpire this New Year....maybe I do not want to know, I might not want to take that leap into the unknown. I just hope I can draw closer to Jesus and seek Him more for all my needs. It is so easy to walk this life without inquiring  of the Lord as to what to do next. I used to do that...ok Lord, what do I do next. But I forgot, and stopped doing it. I think 2018 should be my year to depend on God more for my every need. Oh, oh.....you know God is inspiring me to write this, He will take me at my word.....this should be an interesting year!!

Well, time to close here....this post is getting a bit tooooooo long.
You all take care, keep looking up ~ better days are coming!!
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Jill said...

Those cards are so adorable!! I hope 2018 is a wonderful year for you and your family! Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jill....thanks on the cards and 2018 being a wonderful year, I second that!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails