Thursday, December 7, 2017

Prepping for Christmas

Hi there everyone. Been Missing in Action lately. Christmas is right around the corner. Just have to decorate the tree.....well, it's a little table top tree. Probably have had 15 years or more....but I manage to decorate it differently every year. Last year it was red, white and blue......this year maybe red and white lights then it will be good for Valentine's Day.
 This is a picture of my little tree from last year.....
 Above a picture of my village and manger scene from 2016. My village changes from year to year, because I place the houses in different places. This year I bought a scenery picture for the back ground, a snowman water tower and new fencing for the village. I like to buy something new every year. I will wait till after Christmas to get some 1/2 price stuff for the village. Gosh, I think I have had that manger scene for at least 25 years.....wow!
 In this picture above is the birthday card I made for my 3 year old great niece.....she is into Minnie Mouse. I saw a few Minnie Mouse cards on the Internet, this is what I came up with.
Thought I would add a few jars of my canned tomatoes. I had a bumper crop of tomatoes this summer. I dried tomatoes, froze tomatoes, canned tomatoes, ate tomatoes, made soup, sauce, BLT's. Yep, we had a tomato good year. I think this winter I will buy a couple bags of dried beans and can those also. I love my Power Pressure XL because it does so many things. Last night I made spare ribs, gosh they were good, cooked them in the pressure cooker for 30 minutes then under the broiler for 3 minutes.....sooooooooooo gooooooood!

So tonight, I will decorate my little tree and make some Christmas cards....just a little bit behind here. Don't know why, just don't feel like putting myself under more stress. I told JP all he was getting for Christmas was a $3.00 (maybe $5) gift certificate filled with quarters so he can buy a few apple juices at his work place. I gave him 3 Christian work books that I found while cleaning a file cabinet and gave those to him. I had the intentions of going through them myself, but never got "A Round To It." Maybe I will look for something that he can open on Christmas Day. He told me to go find myself something and use his SS check. Well, that won't be till after the 20th. So I better start thinking now......I am thinking of getting one of those "SodaStreams" so I can make seltzer water. JP goes through a lot of seltzer and I like it too. Will have to look into that. I really need a new radio that has better reception. I like to listen to Sean Hannity and Mark Levine and all I am hearing is a bunch of static.....uge, that drives me nuts!!!

Well, time to close here....thought I would post something before it got too late into the month of December. You all have a good night and keep looking up ~ better days are coming!!!!
Cheers ~ Louise

1 comment:

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Love the idea of changing your tree theme each year, and your little village additions. On your radio static, have you ever found your station online? I live in Las Vegas, NV, now but always loved one station I used to get in southern CA and found it and bookmarked it and often play that while I'm online! Hey, you're already paying for your internet, one way or another, and if your PC isn't too ancient, give it a try! I've moved a lot of my CDs, too, onto my hard drive so I can listen while online, to everything from Roy Orbison and Patsy Cline, to hymns and gospel, through old Jackie Gleason Orchestra instrumentals and Broadway melodies (lol)... anyhow, have a very peace-filled Christmas, my cyber friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails