Saturday, December 16, 2017

Nine More Days - A Christmas Party and Cards

Hi there everyone, hope you are having a good weekend. I thought it was time to end my silence....just seems there is not time for blogging plus I don't have that much happening lately. Finally got my cards done and the last of them are going out tomorrow. Three of the cards needed letters so that took a little bit longer to get done. One letter was too a friend I've know since a Junior in High School. The second letter was to a friend I worked with in a beauty shop in Ladysmith, gosh that will be 40 years ago. The 3rd letter to my Step-cousin to let him know his uncle, my step father died last May. Thought he would like to know. We'll see, if he responds. I know there were some hard feelings between him and my step father that were never resolved.

I needed to make 7 more cards and ended up using the Christmas cards I made at Betty's this past Wednesday and last month, except for the "church window card and Three Kings and pink poinsettias" the church window didn't have a verse in it and I was too lazy to go find one. The Three Kings card, I kind of liked. 

So the following pictures of cards are what I made at Betty's. We had a little Christmas party along with the card making and exchanged little gifts and cards we made. We also brought something to eat. This is what I brought.
 Ham roll ups with cream cheese, spinach and dried cranberries. They turned out really good. I got the recipe off facebook. Seemed easy enough, may just make them again. 
 A closer look at those ham rolls. Next time I will use turkey, that is actually what the recipe called for. I am always changing something when I cook.
 This side of the platter are deviled eggs and black olives.....so good!!!
 This was a cute snowman....this one was calling Biz's name, so I HAD to send him to her....she likes snowmen!!
 This card, I decided to keep, probably would have gotten the royal squish going through the mail. Anyways....I liked it.
 Liked this card also, but for some reason, I did not add a Christmas verse....forgot.
This card got sent.....I like those deer. I must look for some "deer die-cuts." They are always good for a masculine card.

So there is 9 days left till Christmas. I ordered a Chicago Blackhawk hat....one of these days I will get a jersey, but they are over $100.00 not quite in my budget. I want to get a "spring-form pan" so I can make cheese cakes, I have seen a few other recipes where a spring-form pan was used. I had a few, but they were old and rusty, so I got rid of them and never replaced them. So, I think I will go to the "Whire Wisk" sometime and buy one, not unless I see one at Walmart at a decent price. We'll see.

So the hat and "spring-form pan" are gifts from JP. I will get JP some new shoes for work and a homemade coupon with a bunch of quarters on it so he can buy his apple juices at work, which he said were really good.

Well, I suppose I will close for now, you all have a good week and keep looking up.....better days are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

Connie said...

Your cards are amazing, I especially like the one with the deer . . . it's beautiful :) That tray of eggs and sandwiches looks pretty darn yummy, too!
Merry Christmas!
Connie :)

Jill said...

The cards are just lovely! The food dish you made up looks delicious! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails