Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year!!!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year. May this new year bring you much happiness and good health. May all your needs be met by God, spiritually, physically and financially. Minus not too much sadness.
Thanks to all of you that followed along with me this past year. It's been fun posting about cards, food, flowers, gardens and ideas. Sometimes it is hard to come up with something to write, so I found that posting once a week was a bit easier for me. Didn't feel under bondage to produce a post when there was nothing to talk about. I just may do that again, so fear not, if you do not see me on a regular basis. I do visit many of you everyday, sorry I don't always comment on a daily basis.

But, maybe 2018 will be different. I like the new year, it's a new slate and a new beginning. Not going to make any resolutions here....because they are soooo hard to keep. And, there again, I don't want to put myself under bondage again, it's just too hard to live up to the expectations that I place on myself. Trying to do things that are just too hard to attain.

Live each day to the best of my ability, is all I can do. I tried to do better at everything, but that only led to a few bleeding ulcers over the years.....one of them, I almost died from. So, it takes me a long time to learn a lesson...but I eventually get it and hopefully am not too late learning it.

One thing I will do though....is draw closer to God. Read his word everyday.....that is doable, even if it's just a verse or two or a chapter. Being thankful for all HE does in my life and how HE shows Himself real in my daily life. Day in and day out. Yep, that's what I need to do.

As I type this post....the Green Bay Packers are playing the Detroit Lions. Packers are losing 11-35, the game is almost over. Whew, no more games till next season. Hopefully things will be better and Aaron Rogers will be back to play.

Well, I still have the Chicago Blackhawks to root for, hopefully they will be contenders for the Stanley Cup. NASCAR starts up again 2/18/18 so we have that to look forward to also.

Well, time to close this post for the year. You all have a great night and a Happy New Year. Keep looking up ~ better days are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That's a wonderful post, Louise! I understand about the posting when you feel you can and I do like coming to visit you! I am determined to do better about reading my bible this year, too. I was on one of those 'read-the-bible-in-a-year' plans but lost a few days and then it was hard to get back on track. I think there are better plans than the one I was using so will look for a new one this year.

Packers did not show well today! Hope next year is a better one for the team. Kind of sad to see them fall so far from where they were the last few years. xo Diana

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana....Thanks on the post...just stuff I was feeling inside I guess. Reading the Bible, I am not a very good studier. When tests came in school, I would cram at the last minute...reading is the best I can do, a verse here and a chapter there, no method, cause I can't keep up with methods. JP had s read the bible plan and he kept to it, read through the bible 4-5 times. He is a studier, me, I just read.

Yeah, sad about the Packers, Brent Hundley tried to fill Aaron shoes, I think those are hard shoes to fill. There is always next year. Have a great NEW YEAR!!! Blessings to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails