Sunday, October 1, 2017

Fall Flowers and a Steak Dinner

Hi there everyone.....WOW can you believe it????? October 1st....where oh where did September go??? I always remember that song that Frank Sinatra sang...at this time of the year.

"September Song"
When I was a young man courting the girls
I played me a waiting game
If a maid refused me with tossing curls
I'd let the old Earth make a couple of whirls
While I plied her with tears in lieu of pearls
And as time came around she came my way
As time came around, she came

When you meet with the young girls early in the Spring
You court them in song and rhyme
They answer with words and a clover ring
But if you could examine the goods they bring
They have little to offer but the songs they sing
And the plentiful waste of time of day
A plentiful waste of time

Oh, it's a long, long while from May to December
But the days grow short when you reach September
When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame
One hasn't got time for the waiting game

Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few
September, November
And these few precious days I'll spend with you
These precious days I'll spend with you
Well, now a trip to my yard of Fall Flowers. My yellow rose (of Texas). She doesn't get very big during the summer but she sure does produce some beautiful flowers.
I bought these two mum plants at Walmart @ $1 a piece....and just thought to plant them together....thinking I better go out and give them a little bit of water after I do this post.
This is my gorgeous star Clementius....I am not sure that is her real name but she sure does produce some luscious flowers.
My Black Eyed Susan's just keep producing all Summer and Fall long and surprise me growing in different places.
My $5 mum plant....I bought this one at Festival Foods. I need to plant it pretty soon.
Last but not least.....a Blue Apron meal, we had the other night. Seared Steaks and Roasted Potatoes with Balsamic-Glazed Mushrooms. This was really a delicious dinner and the meat was really tender, potatoes crispy and the mushrooms out of this world. Nothing is mentioned in the title about the fried kale.....that was pretty good too.

I haven't talked much about my Blue Apron meals, only because I have not been ordering them that much. I have been very picky and choosey with what I buy. JP does not like spicey, so my options are usually limited. Blue Apron likes to spice things up a bit. So I either cut it out or add just a little.....but if he can taste the spice, he does not eat it. The older he gets the harder it is to cook for him. So....sometimes it is just best to stick with the basics that have no spice.

Well, I best cut this post short.....have to go walk Kylie while it is still light out and then get dinner cooked. I do have a new recipe to share with you. Maybe in my next post. A Power Pressure Canning XL recipe....Pasta Puttanesca in 6 Minutes. It was soooooo good!!!

Tomorrow we find out the results of JP's test from his Prostrate Biopsy last Monday. The appointment is at 12:15 so please keep us in your prayers.

Have a great day and keep looking up better days are coming.
Cheers ~ Louise

8 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, That is a monster of a clematis. So beautiful , I love the fragrance of it's flower. Mums are every where now...all the stores are selling them. I even bought three for around here. I have one daughter who cooks lots with spices and the other three are basic...but I guess I am pretty much basic too...I use Mrs. Dash mostly. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Wow- I can't believe that clematis, Louise. It is really gorgeous!!! I didn't get any mums this year because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to take care of them or enjoy them. I never did get around to trying the Blue Apron meals but I am not much for spicy foods either-they don't like me AT ALL.

Praying for JP tomorrow and please pray for my sil, Jason (Mimi's hubby). He is having cancer surgery Tuesday for his thyroid. Let me know what you find about about JP's biopsy. xo Diana

Brenda in IN said...

Your flowers are just lovely. The clematis is doing so well and they do take over when they start going! I hope JP gets good news from his exam.

Jill said...

Love all your flowers so very pretty! I also love your little squirrel statue, that's just darling. We have a bunch of them running all around the yard, they were sneaking into my garden this year too, lol. Will keep JP in my prayers, hope all goes well. Have a great week.

Blessings,
Jill

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie.....Thanks on the flowers and food. Have a great day.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Diana......Thanks on the flowers....pretty soon it's time to take down the Clementius and get it on the street. JP's results were good news. I guess the cancer is not there or cannot be seen with the microscope...but they still want to check him every 6 months.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda...thanks on the flowers...JP surely did get good news from his exam. The cancer seems to be gone but they still want to check him every 6 months.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Jill.....Thanks on the flowers and the ceramic squirrel. It seems the real squirrels seem to love my back yard, just yesterday, out my kitchen window I saw 3 squirrels frolicking up and down the fence.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails