Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Decorations, Cookies and a Few Cards

Hi there everyone....hope you have gotten everything done and are enjoying the Christmas Festivities. I have always felt that Christmas is like a wedding....all the planning, buying, wrapping, fighting traffic, cooking, baking, decorating, visiting, eating, presents, everything involved, right up to the very last moment. Then, then, then, it is all over like in the twinkling of an eye. Sometimes it is such a let down...all that work and it is all over. When I worked at the Salvation Army, it was even more so....Christmas at the Salvation Army can be so, so, so very hectic, but very rewarding. But the next day and the next week.....gone, over and out!!!

Well, just one more day and Christmas will be here. This year, I turned my Christmas tree into a patriotic tree with the red. white and blue lights and decorations. I was going to get a few more flags and stick them in the tree....but one is fine....you get the idea.
Here is my village with the lights on. I did rearrange the village a bit and put a small box under the cotton to raise the house up next to the Church and below the light house. A little reconstruction there.
Here is the village with the lights off. Pretty cool. I like to add something new to the village every year....but I think I am running out of space.
Outside decorations, just a few lights to brighten things up a bit.
Here's a view from the other side of the house and my camera was set for "fireworks" I thought it would work, but I think not.
Here are some cards I made for 3 ladies at the Dental Office. The receptionist and my Dental Hygienist and JP's Hygienist. They liked the cards very much.
Cookies, cookies, cookies....these are my Ritz cookies. Make a sandwich of peanut butter and Ritz crackers. Refrigerate, then dunk the crackers in melted chocolate and sprinkle with sprinkles then refrigerate. Very easy peasy. Tomarrow I may make some more cookies, simple cookies called "Mama's Cookies" They should be fun to make.
I don't know if I showed you this card or not, but in case you missed it...it's a vintage Santa from a napkin, I glued him on card stock then embellished him with a snowflake, sequins, gems and fancy papers.
This Snowman family is recycled from a card....I just used glitter glue to embellish the card. Had some flock paper and used that for the background.
Well....I am mostly done with Christmas....just have a few gifts to wrap. I bought JP a "Cross" it says "The Battle is the Lords" (I will take a picture of it, once it is on the wall.) Thought he would like that as a reminder. Made some Hot Cocoa Mix in a Mason Jar for him and the Pastor. JP also got a pair of slippers...his slipper wear out pretty fast because he ends up wearing them to work because his feet hurt so bad. I also colored a bird and framed it.

Christmas dinner I will make steak and potatoes and salad. Sounds good to me....yes? Well, I think I will close this post down. It's going on 9pm and I want to get a couple of miles on my bike yet tonight, That will be 12 miles this week, kind of behind for the month. My goal is 35 miles for the month....not sure it is doing any good, but my scale is going down a few Oz's. a day, so that is good.

Talk to you later and have a great Christmas day.....keep looking up cause better days are coming. Cheers ~ Louise

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Merry, Merry Christmas to you, Louise. Thank you for your beautiful cards that are always such a blessing! You do wonderful, beautiful work. Hoping you and the hubby have a blessed, sweet Christmas. We will be spending it with family. Love to you- xo Diana

Susie said...

Louise, I like the village all lit up. It's good to see the cards you make. You are so talented. I want to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and blessings for a healthy New Year. xoxo, Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails