Tuesday, July 12, 2016

90th Birthday Card and Roses

Hi there everyone. Hope you are having a good evening. I thought I would do a short post tonight....I do believe this is my 700th post....goodness how time flies. Doing nothing special, nope, no give-a-ways. Maybe on my 750th or 800th post I will do a give-a-way or something...who knows.
So in these two pictures, are the card I made and sent to my step-father in Las Vegas. He said he wanted to make it to 90 and then he could die. I said, nay, you will probably go to 100!!! He says he prays every night that God will take him, but he doesn't. So I said, maybe he has got something more for you to do....no response. I thought this saying was very approapoe (well bummers, the spell check is not working) for him. "Life isn't a matter of Milestones...but of Moments"
In these next three pictures are some of the roses growing around my house. I think I would like to get a red rose growing. Hopefully this fall I can get one going someplace. I give my roses a shot of coffee....they really seem to like that. Someone said to try Epson salts....not sure what that does, but that is next on the agenda.

This rose was planted probably 20 years ago...it has its good years and bad years....must depend on the weather. But every year I cover white plastic around the base fill it with leaves. This seems to be all the protection it needs in this Wisconsin weather.
This is a pretty yellow rose, it sits next to the rose above and seems to like it's place. I guess my flowers are loving to bloom where they are planted.
This pretty "long stemmed" white rose gets the same treatment as the others, coffee, water, and leaves in the fall.
Yep....I think I will look for a new place to plant a red rose....something to work on this summer....geez...what is left of it.

Well,  you all have a great evening and keep looking up.....better days are coming. I am going to make Kylie some hamburger and rice...she has not been feeling well and she likes rice and hamberger to eat....so does mama with a little bit of taco sauce on it. Yum!

Cheers ~ Louise

5 comments:

Attic Clutter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Attic Clutter said...

Hi Louise (:)
darling cards..the 4th ones are perfect for the day..
:)
pretty pretty roses..I love mine too..
I deleted the first post..spelled cards as cars LOL
embarrassing..
hugs,Patty

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Patty...thanks for stopping by. Thanks on the cards. No problems on the spellings, I am sure I make lots of spelling errors too. My spell check is not working so I am sure there are a few miss spelled words there. Have a good week.

Susie said...

Happy birthday to your dad. Love your roses. Hope you are having a great summer. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Susie....Thanks on the roses. Yeah, Pops called me and thank me for the card...his favorite one yet. Summer is going to fast for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails