Friday, May 8, 2015

My Ceiling

Hi there everyone...how is your day going???? Thought I would show you a few pictures of my ceiling.....before and afters are always fun to look at.
This is what the ceiling looked like with all the tiles that fell from the water dripping so much. Pat the project manager had already taken down the ceiling fan and lights. A new fan and lights will be going up.
In the picture you can see all the tiles were taken down to the original ceiling and part of it removed...uge what a mess.
In these two pictures......all the old insulation and ceiling are gone.....to think in all that mess.....there was not much of a mold problem.....reason being there was a lot of air movement, good in that respect...but bad cause the heating bills were high. There was not a lot of insulation up there.
Look at this picture.....down at the bottom left....you can see where that part of the roof was patched with plywood. There still is a dip in the roof and the ceiling sagged 3 inches....Pat said.
The men working on this ceiling must of spent at least 45 minutes trying to figure out how to brace the beams....and this is what they came up with....looks pretty sturdy to me. One of the beams had actually disintegrated  it was so water soaked.
In this picture you can see all the insulation they put up....there is over 16 inches of insulation up there....so it will be WARM in the winter and COOL in the summer......nice!!!
In this last picture the sheet rock plaster board after it was installed. Next step is for the plaster guy to come and finish off the ceiling, covering the seams and nails and making a swirly design on the ceiling.

That will be in my next blog....as tomorrow 30 people will be here in my little house to finish off the work started. The kitchen will be painted with a lovely color called "morning sun". The fan replaced and the cabinet doors put back up. I have a new border for the kitchen....but I have to wait at least 2 weeks to put that up for the paint to set.

There will be plumbing done in the kitchen and bathroom, new faucets and a new taller toilet installed and grab bars to help us up off the toilet. New windows installed in the basement, and electrical work done in the basement and outside. Pat said he will update this old house and make it new. I am excited, because he is going to put a big light over my desk where I do my card making.....WOW....let there be light!!!!

The porch will be painted, my old shutters painted and put back up. The front and backyard landscaped, with a few flowers and shrubs planted. They might even redo my fence that keeps the kids out of my back yard. So YEAH!!!!

Saturday or Sunday I will update you on my "almost new" house. It should be fun....we will hang around for a couple of hours, then leave for the rest of the day. So you all have a good day and keep looking up....things do get better.
Cheers ~ Louise

3 comments:

Susie said...

Louise, You will be so happy when it's all done. I know it's been a worry. Just having enough insulation will help with your utilities bills. Blessings to you for a wonderful mother's day. xoxo,Susie

Patricia said...

So happy that you are getting all that work done.

Brenda in IN said...

How wonderful they are doing all that work! You won't recognize your home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails